Unfortunately, it’s not uncommon for strong, independent women to get a bad reputation on the dating market. However, that’s usually more about insecure guys not being able to handle a woman who has her act together. The truth is that badass women bring a lot to the table and make great partners. Here is what good guys find so appealing about the kind of women Destiny’s Child was singing about back in the day.
- The chase is fun. One of the biggest things that helps distinguish strong, independent women from the rest of the back is that they’re not needy or willing to settle for less. They might like having a boyfriend, but they’re not going to lower their expectations just to find one because they’re cool being by themselves while waiting for the right person. This can make it difficult for us guys to make a good impression and these women that we’re worth dating. However, deep down we like the challenge, especially since we know it’ll be worth it in the long run.
- There are fewer games. For the record, some guys actually enjoy playing with your head. However, most of the good, genuine guys out there are happy to forego playing classic dating games. This is exactly what we’ll get if we can find strong, independent women. These ladies are usually too busy building an empire to bother playing games. Instead, they’re upfront about who they are and what they want. For most of us guys, this is a great relief. Rather than playing guessing games, we know where we stand with a woman, which makes things so much easier.
- They take care of themselves. Independent women are that way because they know how to take care of themselves. They make sure they take care of their health and their bodies. For a guy, that means they stay in shape and always look good, which we obviously like. Sure, it’s a little ironic that strong women appeal to the shallow side of men, but I don’t think there’s anything wrong with that.
- They’re much more interesting to talk to. Looks aren’t everything, but that’s another area where strong, independent women stand out from others. Most of the women I know who would be described as being on the independent side of things lead interesting lives. They travel, try new things, and go on adventures. That means they always have something to talk about. That means we don’t have to worry about making small talk because there’s never a lull in conversation.
- They don’t get jealous. Strong women tend to be a little more sophisticated when it comes to relationships. That means they aren’t needy and they aren’t jealous. If we want to hang out with our friends without them, they don’t freak out and lose their minds. In fact, they like it because they also value their alone time. Independent women understand that being in a relationship isn’t the only thing in your life. Thus, the jealousy and drama remain at a minimum.
- We feel supported. Another great thing about independent women is that they know what it’s like to focus on themselves and their personal goals. If we have a vision for our future in a professional sense, they understand that it’s okay to put yourself first sometimes. As long as we show support for them, strong women will always be able and willing to reciprocate that support, which is always nice to receive from your partner.
- The bar is raised. Again, the thing with dating independent women is that we know that they don’t need us. That means we feel a little pressure to step up our game in order to keep them around. We’re challenged to be our best selves, and that’s a good thing. Strong women will always have high standards for their partners, and in a way, that forces us to become a confident and competent man. Admittedly, it’s not always easy, but we know that it’s always worth it.
- They take charge in bed. Last but not least, it’s in the nature of strong women to take charge in bed, which is never a bad thing. They’re not afraid to ask for what they want, which can make things a little easier and a lot more exciting. There’s no performance anxiety because they’ll speak up if they want us to do something different. If there’s one thing that separates strong, independent women, it’s that they’re great communicators. That means everyone’s happy in the end.