A Pennsylvania man was arrested and charged for allegedly kidnapping a woman and holding her captive. As per the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, the woman was only rescued and suspect Corey Brewer arrested after the victim left multiple notes in public restrooms asking for help.
The victim had been held captive by Brewer since May 1. It wasn’t until July 11 that Brewer was arrested, so she was with him for more than two months. One of the notes she wrote that was discovered on July 10 allegedly read, “If I don’t make it, tell my family I love them.” She is said to have left Brewer’s address on one of the notes and reported that she was being assaulted by him.
Scott Township police officers responded to the address on one of the notes. No one answered but they did hear the sounds of furniture being moved around the property. However, since they did not have a search warrant, they left without entering.
Brewer claimed that the woman was his girlfriend. When officers called his phone and asked to speak to the woman, he said she was his girlfriend and that they were on vacation together. However, another note was later discovered in which she revealed that she was still being abused.
Eventually, Brewer was arrested. The victim’s ex-boyfriend told Pennsylvania State Police that the woman was dating Brewer and that she’d applied for a restraining order in August 2020 that expired only four weeks later. Eventually, Brewer was arrested and the victim rescued.
The woman later told police about her harrowing experience with Brewer. She told authorities that he’d tried to strangle her and threatened to kill her if she tried to leave. He also punched her, cut off her hair, and raped her. According to Allegheny County court documents, Brewer was charged with simple assault, terroristic threats, strangulation, unlawful restraint, involuntary deviate sexual intercourse, and sexual assault. He was released the following day after posting 10% of his $5,000 bond.
- 14 Little Things That Look Like Love But Are Actually Manipulation
- 12 Reasons You’re Single Even Though You’re A Catch
- 17 Life Struggles Of Women Who Are Naturally Loud
- “Duty Dating” Is A Thing And You Need To Start Doing It ASAP
- Your Drunk Self Is Your Truest Self, Science Says
- You Know You’re In An Almost Relationship If You’re Sending Him These Texts
- They Might Not Seem Like It, But These 12 Things Are Emotional Abuse
- I Didn’t Understand Why I Kept Ending Up With Toxic Guys Until I Realized These Important Things
Share this article now!