Forget chips and pretzels, sometimes microwave popcorn is the best snack ever when you’re craving something salty/savory to enjoy while bingeing the latest Netflix show. Now Act II wants to take over the sweet sector as well with their new cotton candy-flavored popcorn that even turns blue when it pops. Um, amazing!
- It’s called “Llama Party,” whatever that means. We can’t seem to get away from mermaids and unicorns and now llamas in our food products, but hey, I’m not hating—I’ll take a little sunshine however I can get it. Act II’s Llama Party popcorn seems totally random but I love the idea!
- It was only just announced. Conagra Brands, Act II’s parent company, only just announced the launch of the cotton candy popcorn at Consumer Analyst Group New York’s conference (CAGNY 2020) in Boca Raton and food bloggers including @JunkFoodMom, @dadbodsnacks, and @snackgator immediately shared the news with their followers. Lucky us!
- Cotton candy popcorn basically sounds like a dream come true. You get the slight natural saltiness of popcorn with the sweetness of cotton candy all in one snack, which is basically my dream food. The two tastes will complement each other perfectly, I’m sure.
- You even get “llamacorn” tattoos in the box! If having a tasty treat isn’t enough of a reason to buy this, the fact that you get free temporary tattoos included in the box should push you over the edge. I may be a grown adult but I plan on wearing mine with pride, thank you very much!
- Unfortunately, there’s no release date for this yet. While cotton candy popcorn sounds like the perfect product for spring, there hasn’t been any official announcement in terms of when this will be in stores. I guess we’ll just have to keep our eyes peeled for what’s sure to become our new favorite snack!