One thing I love about Aldi — besides the fact that everything there is super cheap/a total bargain, obviously — is the sheer innovation in so many of the products they carry. From dill pickle-flavored popcorn to margarita wine, they are literally killing it with the creative food. Their latest drop is Hawaiian sweet bread bagels and I basically never want to eat anything else for breakfast again.
- Who doesn’t love bagels? I’m a New Yorker so bagels have always been a major part of my life. I’m particularly fond of everything bagels but I don’t discriminate. Aldi’s Hawaiian sweet bread bagels, officially called L’oven Fresh Hawaiian Bagels, just might become a new favorite.
- If you’ve never had Hawaiian sweet bread, you’re missing out. Generally speaking, you find this in loaf or roll form. Aldi putting it in bagel form, however, is a genius move and one that I can’t believe no one else has tried yet. Hawaiian sweet bread is made with milk and sometimes a bit of pineapple juice and it’s just subtly sweet and soft and fluffy and super delicious.
- They would go perfectly with so many things. If you’re a fan of the sweet and savory combo, you could pair these with lunchmeat and cheese or even a BBQ burger! Conversely, you could pair sweet on sweet by toasting up one of the bagels and adding jam or even Nutella. Hey, I’m not here to tell you how to live your life!
- Unsurprisingly, they’re REALLY good. Instagrammer @aldi.guru, who alerted me to the existence of Aldi’s Hawaiian sweet bread bagels in the first place, gives the product 10/10. This doesn’t surprise me at all, but if you needed more convincing that these are worth trying, there you go!
- The next time you’re at Aldi, keep your eyes peeled. It’s unclear how long the Hawaiian sweet bread bagels will be around but I wouldn’t take any chances. Stock up so that you never have to go without!