Sex is great – it’s a natural stress reliever and it feels good (MOST of the time). But what do you do when you’re not with anybody at the moment and you still want to get it on? Can you get this kind of thrill if you’re all alone? As it turns out, some of the most mind-blowing sex you can have starts as a solo operation.
- Read some erotica. Ever wonder why Fifty Shades of Grey was such a big hit for women? Erotica is a perfect way for women to get turned on because you need to use your imagination to get things flowing. Sometimes the mere description of sexy times in the pages of a book can make you more than ready for the real-life equivalent.
- Invest in some quality sex toys. You’ve heard of dildos and vibrators, sure, but what you probably don’t know is the many variety and styles of sex toys you can get these days. Visit your local sex shop, or even better, go online, browse around and find your new battery-operated, best friend!
- Indulge your fantasies. What if you could make life a little less boring by fantasizing about the hot guy who’s in line standing in front of you? Think about how rough his hands would feel against your thighs as he hiked up your skirt so he could take off your panties. He has you pressed up against the DMV’s cheap formica counter as he… well, you get it. The hottest, most erotic sex on the internet you’ll ever see is in your head and it’s ready to play at a moment’s notice.
- Watch some online sex. Sex on the internet has come a long way from the days of Ron Jeremy. Plus, watching sex not only gets you off, but it helps you discover elements of your own sexuality. Knowing what turns you on not only helps you achieve an orgasm (or three), but it’s also invaluable information you can impart on to your next boyfriend.
- Get touched by a professional. If you happen to be the type of person that gets uptight about flicking the bean, something that can get you in the mood for touch is a massage. A massage can provide a deep level of relaxation and give you the satisfying feeling of touch. It could be the jump start you need to start feeling comfortable with enjoying your own company (and eventually, your own orgasm).
- Go to an erotic art museum. Yes, you can openly look at naked people and look super cultured and smart at the same time. Erotic art comes in many forms and mediums – paintings, murals, sculptures and performance art (which is a fancy way of saying “naked pretty people doing stuff live”). It’ll be the first time your self and primal self can play together in peace.
- Be a daredevil. Making yourself feel good doesn’t always have to come from anything overtly sexual. Do something thrilling and treat yourself to an all-body release of endorphins – the same natural chemicals your brain releases when you’re excited or doing something pleasurable (like sex!). You’ll feel alive, happy, refreshed, and possibly ready for round two… this time in the bedroom!