If you’ve often thought it would be great if you had some extra room for guests to stay over or simply a little separate space for some “me time” away from the main house, you might be interested to know that Amazon is selling all the materials you need to build a guest house in your back yard*. Get the tools handy because this is some serious DIY!
- It can be built in eight hours. The DIY Allwood Solvalla Garden House is so popular that it keeps selling out. Thankfully, it’s now back in stock and ready for you to get working on. Obviously you’ll need to have a bit of experience in putting together major construction projects (IKEA furniture doesn’t count, I’m afraid), but if you enjoy a challenge and have a day off work, you can have this house built by dinner time. Oh, and you will need an extra set of hands, of course.
- It can become anything you want it to be. Whether you want to use it as a guest house for friends coming to stay with you, a pool house, a shed, or even a mini office space to do your work in, you can basically make this Amazon guest house into anything you want. The sky is the limit here!
- It’s only 172 square feet. I say “only” because you shouldn’t think you can turn this into a full separate house to rent out on Airbnb or anything. However, it is big enough to fit a couch and coffee table and TV in, or a desk, maybe some gym equipment, a bed… you get the picture.
- There’s no electricity or anything like that. The Amazon listing is clear in letting you know that this backyard guest house is pretty bare-bones in the sense that you’re really building a, well, building. If you wanted to install electricity or air conditioning or something, you’d need to get a qualified professional in to do that for you since there are no materials included for those things, just FYI.
[H/T House Beautiful]
* Bolde uses affiliate links and may make a small profit from any purchase completed via links we provide. We then use this to continue to bring you great content. As a small business, we appreciate your support!