The longer we spend in lockdown mode, the more the days start to blend together. While we all know how important it is to stay home in order to protect ourselves and others and save lives, that doesn’t mean it’s easy not to lose our minds a little. In fact, a new survey has found that most Americans have been losing track of the days at least five times a week while at home!
- It’s true, things really are getting hazy. A survey of 2,000 Americans, performed by OnePoll on behalf of RXBAR found that many people forget what day it is up to five times a week. Not only that, but 80% of respondents said that the days really are blurring into one the longer they spend indoors. Ugh, at least I know I’m not alone on that!
- More than half of people were totally clueless. A whopping 59% of people who took the survey admitted that they didn’t even know what day it was when they were taking it. That’s pretty bad, but I can’t say I blame them. I don’t even know what day it is today! (I just checked my phone calendar to find out!)
- Staying motivated is hard too. While most of us are working from home, it’s not easy for everyone. In fact, 65% of survey respondents said that they were really struggling to stay motivated under lockdown. About 69% can’t stay focused even if they are motivated to get stuff done.
- We’re not even wearing outside clothes anymore. Loungewear is the name of the game these days, and the survey found that while under lockdown, 75% of respondents aren’t wearing “real clothes” and are instead opting for comfort. Hey, who wants to put on jeans and a bra if they don’t have to? However, 39% did say they’re trying to stick to their normal routines as much as possible.
- Snacks are playing a massive part in keeping our sanity. While under lockdown, 69% of survey respondents admitted that they ate all their snacks way quicker than they planned to. That may be because about a third of people are relying on snacks to help them get through the insanity. Understandable, but perhaps not all that healthy. “With all the time we’re spending at home and the stress we’re facing in our day to day lives, it’s not surprising that we’re reaching for snacks more often than we were before,” said Jim Murray, President of RXBAR. “The key is to find a few go-to snacks that you really enjoy and look forward to eating, but that also nourish your body. RXBAR offers the best of both worlds – nutritious with simple, clean ingredients and satisfying with a variety of delicious flavors so you don’t have to compromise.” I mean, RXBARs aren’t even that good, but since they funded the survey, we’ll go with it.