You’re at a party or a family get-together and suddenly someone asks you, “So, why are you still single?” You never know how to answer and frankly, it’s just plain rude. So what should you say to shut people up once and for all? Here are a few hints:
- “I just haven’t found the right person yet.” This should really be obvious to the person asking. If you had found the right person, you’d probably be together, right? There’s nothing wrong with you. You’re just still looking for your other half and waiting until you find the right guy is the best thing you can do.
- “Why hasn’t he found me?” Why is there always pressure on women to land a guy but men are thought to be perfectly fine on their own? A woman who grows old alone is an old maid but a man who never marries is a bachelor. It’s societal BS but right now it’s the world we live in. So when they ask why you’re single, remind them the pressure is on men too.
- “Because I have other things going on right now.” The people who ask these questions need to be reminded that there’s more to life than just dating. You have a career, friends, family and hobbies. You have a busy life and you don’t need a man to feel fulfilled.
- “I’m just focusing on myself right now.” A lot more women should be doing this — focusing on themselves rather than on finding a relationship. In fact, maybe if more women spent less time looking for Mr. Right, they’d find him already. Focusing on yourself isn’t a BS answer because at the end of the night, the most important relationship you have is the one with yourself.
- “I haven’t found anyone who can keep up with me.” You’re a great girl looking for one hell of a guy. You’re a unique woman unlike any other and that’s exactly what you want in your future guy. You shouldn’t have to change your life for a guy. He should just fit right in. You’re looking for the other piece to your puzzle and if that takes time, then so be it.
- “I don’t have time for a boyfriend.” You’re busy living your life and that should be acceptable. You’re working on your career, spending your nights with your girls and making time to see your family. You have a busy life, and you’re not wasting it at the bar every night. You don’t have time to put up with some guy’s BS and for that you can be thankful.
- “I have bad taste.” It’s funny and for some women very truthful. You’re single because you always fall for players, never good guys. You just have bad taste and that’s why none of the guys you date seem to last. You want to be with a good guy but you don’t know how to decipher a guy’s truth from his BS. It’s not your fault you don’t know how to pick ‘em, but maybe the person asking might just set you up or at least give some advice. Anything helps, right?
- “Because you’re still taken.” When in doubt, just laugh this question off with a joke. The thing you have to remember is that being single doesn’t mean there is something wrong with you. That’s why this question is so absurd. Somehow people continue to ask it anyway, and the best way to not take it so seriously is to not answer seriously either.