People come and go — that’s just a part of life. We can be mature about this. You don’t have to ghost me or have one of my friends give me the hint that you’re no longer interested. I get that ending things with someone is never easy, but if you want to leave, I would rather you just let me know.
- I want the truth. Yes, the truth may hurt, but it’s also the only thing that’ll set you free. Remember, honesty is the best policy. Just shoot me straight. Okay, I’m done with the silly sayings. But seriously, just tell me. Yes, it will be hard at first, but in the end, it’s going to work out for the better.
- I don’t want to invest in someone who doesn’t want me. Think about me for a second. Here I am spending my money on trips for us to go on, spending my energy thinking about our relationship and spending my time with you. If you don’t want to be with me, please let me know so I can save that time, energy and money to give to someone who actually deserves it.
- It’s a waste of time for both of us. Instead of dragging me along, how about we both just go our separate ways and stop wasting our time? We’re never going to find the one we’re supposed to be with if we keep hanging out in this relationship.
- I don’t want a half-assed relationship. If you’re not all in then I don’t want to be in at all. I deserve way more than a guy who questions if I’m what he wants. If you aren’t sure if you want to be with me, let me help you out: it’s over. I’m an all-in or nothing type of girl.
- I’m probably feeling the same way. The truth is, if one person in a relationship isn’t happy there is a good chance the other person isn’t either. If it’s gotten to the point where you don’t want to try to fix it, it’s fine with me. There is no sense in both of us knowing something is not working out but staying in it anyway.
- I’ve stayed in too many crappy relationships. I’m past the stage in my life where I’ll stay in a crappy relationship just to avoid heartbreak or being alone. I’ve wasted so much time being with people who didn’t want me and didn’t deserve me to make the same mistake again. So for my sake, if this is just another crappy relationship, be honest because I want out.
- I won’t take it personally. I know I’m awesome, and I won’t take it personally that it isn’t working out with you. Sometimes people just aren’t good together. That doesn’t mean that I’ll never find true love or that I’ll question my self-worth. Trust me, I have more self-confidence than that.
- We both deserve the best. Even if it isn’t together, we both deserve to be with people who we’re totally head-over-heels for. If I’m not that for you, then I want you to have the freedom to go find someone who is. If you aren’t into me anymore, just be honest about it. I promise it will work out for the better.