Those born under Aries, between March 21 and April 19, are considered the leaders of the zodiac. They are strong, loyal, confident, and typically like to wear the pants in a relationship. This fiery sign can find happiness with anyone, but some of the other zodiac signs tend to be better fits than others. Read on to discover more about Aries compatibility, and which signs tend to make the worst partners for them.
Qualities of an Aries
The first sign of the zodiac, Aries is thought to be “new” in this world. Not being weighed down by past lives means they can approach the world with fresh eyes. They’re passionate, intense, and incredibly loyal. However, they can also be impatient, selfish, and moody. Then again, who isn’t all of those things at one time or another?
Aries are also known to be:
Not everyone will be able to vibe with such a big personality. So, who can keep up with an Aries?
Signs that make the best match for Aries
- Sagittarius (November 22 – December 21) Two fire signs, Aries and Sagittarius make the best possible match. These two have similar interests and, more importantly, similar values. They both love to go on adventures, explore new things, and see the world. They both love challenges and also love passionately. This is one couple who will never find themselves in a rut!
- Gemini (May 21 – June 20) Gemini makes a great match for Aries because both signs are naturally sunny and optimistic. They can both be impulsive and both love to keep busy, so it’s normally easy for them to weave a relationship around their routines and build a life together. Sometimes Aries can be a little too controlling for Gemini’s taste, while Gemini can be too flirty for Aries … but every relationship has its issues!
- Leo (July 23 – August 22) Another fire sign, Leo makes a wonderful partner for Aries as they have so much in common. They like the same things but also tend to approach life the same way, which makes them understand each other on a deeper level. Both signs are loyal, passionate, and fiery. They will likely have genuine respect and admiration for each other because of that. To make their relationship work, they just need to learn how to take it in turns being the boss!
- Libra (September 23 – October 22) At first glance, Libra doesn’t seem like a suitable match for Aries. These two signs are polar opposites, as in they sit directly opposite each other in the zodiac, with Aries being the first sign and Libra being the seventh. But opposites do attract! These two tend to have amazing chemistry and be drawn to each other, despite their differences. They may get on each other’s nerves, but they can teach each other a lot.
- Virgo (August 23 – September 22) Down-to-earth and practical Virgo isn’t the best match for Aries, but they’re not the worst either. When these two signs do come together, they need to take their time to make things work. Though they don’t have much in common, they can find balance with each other and meet each other’s needs. One advantage of this pairing is that Aries loves being the leader in a relationship while Virgo is usually happy to take a back seat.
- Aquarius (January 20 – February 18) Aquarius and Aries are both competitive signs. So when they come together in a relationship, there is often a lot of trying to one-up each other. But they can share a special connection as they tend to admire a lot about each other. Both signs are creative, so they can make magic together and often make great business partners (if the relationship doesn’t work out!).
- Pisces (February 19 – March 20) Pisces seems like an unlikely match for Aries at first. Often when these two come together, Pisces tends to take on the role of doormat, while Aries becomes too controlling. But if they can avoid falling into that classic pattern, they can fulfill each other’s needs. Pisces can end up nurturing Aries while Aries can rise up as Pisces’ defender and loyal source of support.
Signs that make the worst match for Aries
- Taurus (April 20 – May 20) Though they sit next to each other in the zodiac, Taurus and Aries don’t always make the best couple They’re fundamentally too different, with Aries being impulsive and Taurus prizing a slow and steady approach. But they do have one thing in common: being stubborn. Yikes! Still, these two can teach each other a thing or two if they do manage to make their relationship work.
- Cancer (June 21 – July 22) Both Cancer and Aries are protective over their partners and loyal to their relationships. However, the differences between them don’t complement each other well. Cancer is usually too sensitive for Aries, who can be hurtful with their actions. Aries may find Cancer too moody and become annoyed, while Cancer can feel insecure about Aries’ lack of affection.
- Scorpio (October 23 – November 21) Although these two signs are powerful when they do come together and make their relationship work, this usually isn’t a match made in heaven. Most of the time, this pairing results in massive arguments. Both signs are passionate, both are stubborn about their point of view, and both are opinionated. That can lead to a lot of fighting and an inability to understand each other and communicate properly.
- Capricorn (December 22 – January 19) Capricorn is too different from Aries for the relationship to have much potential. Though anything can happen, when Capricorn and Aries do succeed as a couple, they have to work hard at it. They have different perspectives, different lifestyles, and different ways of dealing with things. Aries’ spontaneous nature tends to rub Capricorn up the wrong way, while Capricorn’s conservativeness can get on Aries’ nerves.
When it comes to compatibility for Aries, many different factors come into play. However, this should give you a good basis for what’s to come.