Attractiveness isn’t only about looks. When a woman is considered hot or sexy, it’s not just about her appearance. Your personality and the way you carry yourself also play a role in how people perceive you. Here are some of the most attractive qualities women can have, so take note if you want to be sure all eyes are on you when you enter a room.
- You’re an expert at eye contact. Eye contact instantly makes you appear more confident, which makes you more attractive in other people’s eyes. For instance, a study conducted by the Idiap Research Institute found that people who are higher in the social hierarchy tend to make (and receive) more eye contact. Similarly, a study from Cornell University found that eye contact evokes a stronger, more positive emotional response in people, which also suggests it can make someone appear more attractive.
- You pay attention to your appearance. You may believe some people are more naturally beautiful, but much of how people view our physical appearance depends on how we present ourselves. You don’t need to spend hours doing your hair and makeup every day. But ensuring you keep up with personal hygiene and put in the effort to look put together goes a long way.
- You embrace your sexuality. Confidence is sexy, especially when it’s in the bedroom. If you’re someone who feels comfortable and confident in your sexual desires, it’ll reflect well on potential romantic interests. You don’t need to be super flirtatious or the most adventurous in bed. Rather, embracing your sexuality means being comfortable with whatever it is you like and prefer, and not being afraid to communicate that.
- You value your independence. There’s no doubting that independence is hot and that this is one of the most attractive qualities women can have. Why do you think so many relationships end over clinginess? To be independent, focus on creating the life you want and spending time with people you love. Even when you’re dating someone, make sure the relationship doesn’t consume you. Always maintain your own space. It’s not easy to be independent, especially if you’re someone who has a lot of insecurities. But not only does being independent make you more attractive, it’s also good for your overall well-being.
- You like to make the first move. Making the first move is a great way to catch someone’s attention. It lets them know that you’re confident, you know what you want, and you’re not afraid to get it, all of which are very attractive qualities. Plus, it’s easy to fake it until you make it. You may not feel confident in your pick-up skills, but the object of your affection will be too flattered that you made the first move to notice.
- You keep it classy. The older you get, the more you’ll come to realize that being drama-free is an attractive quality – and one that’s hard to come by. It always reflects best on you in the long run to take the high road. Resist being petty or lowering yourself to someone else’s standards just because you’re upset. This applies both to real-life and online situations. Don’t call someone out or say something you’ll regret, even if you think you can delete it later. Oftentimes, the damage to your reputation will already be done.
- You don’t talk down about yourself. No one is going to find you hot if you keep reminding them of the reasons you don’t find yourself attractive. It does you no favours to constantly bring up your insecurities. This may seem like an easy way to fish for compliments, but most people can see through you. Conversely, it also doesn’t reflect well on you to constantly brag about yourself. It’s important to find a good balance between hyping yourself up and bringing yourself down. Remaining humble but not self-deprecating is hot as hell.
- You’re direct and up-front. Being honest is another sign of confidence. You’re not afraid to say it how it is and express what you want. It’s also a sign that you’re mature and not into mind games, which is a good sign for a potential romantic partner. Just remember, while honesty is the best policy, there’s a fine line between being direct and too brash.
- You can hold a conversation. Very basic, but still one of the most attractive qualities women can have. We cannot stress how sexy intelligence is. You don’t have to be the smartest in the room or be caught up on all current events. But having strong communication skills goes a long way. Be engaging by asking questions or making comments in response to what others have to say. Don’t be shy to voice your own opinions and stand your ground if someone challenges you. Friendly debates can easily turn flirty; just make sure to keep being a good sport, regardless of if you’re winning the argument or not.
Being hot isn’t only skin deep. Many times, a woman is seen as attractive because of the way she carries herself. So, if you meet the above criteria, then rest assured that your hotness is off the charts.