There’s nothing I love more than a charity calendar. First of all, call me old fashioned, but I feel like I need to keep track of things going on in my life on paper rather than on my phone or some other digital form. Second of all, I love supporting good causes, and the NL Mustache & Beard Club does that every year, with the 2020 edition being probably the most awesome one I’ve ever seen for one important reason: it has mermen.
Scroll down to read more about this amazing initiative and see more photos from the calendar.
- That’s right, the guys dressed up like mermen just for you. A bunch of hairy guys dressed in mermaid tails, posing on the beach, in pumpkin patches, and on farms in order to raise money for some incredible causes? You needn’t tell me any more – I’m already sold!
- This year’s calendar is going to some incredible causes. “Funds from this year’s calendar will support Planned Parenthood Newfoundland and Labrador Sexual Health Centre to help them perform their very important work which includes conducting over half of our provinces screenings for sexually transmitted infections, operating a summer camp for 2SLGBTQ+ youth, and free birth control counseling,” reads the description on the calendar’s order page.
- But that’s not all! The guys are also using funds raised from the mermen charity calendar to donate a community grant of $2,500 to Home Again Furniture Bank and the St. John’s SPCA. Seriously, could these guys get any better? More information on their charitable endeavors can be found here.
- The pictures are amazing. Seriously, you can’t look at a bunch of bearded dudes in full mermen costumes having the time of their lives and not smile (and if you can, I feel sorry for you). This charity calendar not only makes money for amazing causes but it also brightens people’s days, so how can you resist?
- For $20, it’s one of the best investments you can make with your money. Seriously, $20 CAD is only about $16 USD, and while you might have to pay a little extra for international shipping, trust me, putting your money into such a worthwhile cause feels good.