Sure, you could just hop out to the corner shop and pick up a sick-pack of your favorite IPA, but what fun is that? With Valentine’s Day coming up, why not treat someone you love (or even yourself) to an at-home beer making kit so you can feel like the master craftsman (or woman!) you are? Trust me, this is the best gift ever.
Read on to find out more about the kit and where you can get it, and please be aware that Bolde uses affiliate links and may make a small profit from any sales completed via links we provide, which we then use to continue bringing you great content.
- It’s a match made in heaven. Brooklyn Brew Shop teamed up with Brewdog for this kit, which comes with everything you need to make a full gallon of the famous Elvis Juice. How much is a gallon of beer? Roughly two six-packs worth of IPA goodness!
- Wait, what’s Elvis Juice? It’s one of Brooklyn Brew Shop’s most famous IPAs that’s described as “a delicious citrus bomb of a beer.” It’s zesty, grapefruity, and just the perfect combination of flavors that makes it a pleasure to drink. If you’ve never tried Elvis Juice before, you’re in for a treat with this beer making kit.
- Don’t worry, you don’t need a science degree to make it. Thankfully, making your own beer at home isn’t too difficult and in fact, the kit comes with simple and clear instructions that will help you out every step of the way.
- You will need a few things in your kitchen. While the kit comes with pretty much everything, some basic kitchen equipment will be needed here including two 10-liter containers, a large mesh strainer, and a large funnel. You’ll also need a jar for the malt.
- Everything included in the kit is reusable. That means if you decide to make more in the future, you’ll already have a good portion of the things you need, like a fermentation jug, thermometer, rocking cane, tubing and tubing clamp, screw-cap stopper, and airlock.
- It won’t take long, either! That means you can have your gorgeous gallon of Elvis Juice in five to six hours. What are you waiting for?