True friends are hard to come by, so when you find one who’s always by your side, who supports you 100% and pushes you to be the best version of yourself, you need to cherish them. Kathleen and Olive have been BFF for nearly 80 years now and they’re not showing any signs of slowing down. In fact, they just moved into the same care home so they can keep raising hell together.
9/ Olive Woodward and Kathleen Woodward have been best pals for eighty years. When Kathleen moved into a retirement home, Olive missed her so much she decided to join her. The gals! https://t.co/9XIjMh1IbQ pic.twitter.com/JnRyfwne59
— ⭐ amy o'connor ⭐ (@amyohconnor) December 15, 2019
- They met when they were 11. Both of the women attended the Ravenshead School in Nottingham, England back in 1941 and immediately became inseparable, especially when they realized that they lived just down the street from each other. Now 89, they’re still as close as ever, according to Metro.
- They kept in touch as they got older. Their husbands ended up working at the same company and they even lived on the same road in Mansfield, so they were always closeby when the other one called.
- Their friendship has outlived even their husbands. Unfortunately, Kathleen’s husband died in 1989 and just last year, she decided to move into the Berry Hill Park care home. While Olive’s husband also passed away in 2004, she’s only just moved into the same home as Kathleen in a room just down the hall from her.
- They never argue. “We are 89 but we look 63. We have been good friends and never fallen out,” Kathleen said. “We are still good looking. We have never argued over anything. She’s a good friend. If I needed her she would always be there. We used to get dates and not turn up. I also used to give them the wrong address, just in case I didn’t like them or want them anymore.” That IS a great friend, Kathleen.
- They’re still going strong even at 89. Kathleen says that while they don’t get up to too much mischief, they do feel the need to “whip the staff into shape” now and again. “I just raced one of the managers down the hallway for a laugh,” she admitted. “I’m so glad Olive is here now, we’re like giggling school girls and we still put on our lippy and get dressed up. ‘We always say to each other ‘if you’ve got it, flaunt it.” Too right!!