A wedding is meant to be a happy, joyful experience, not one full of tension and awkwardness. However, that’s exactly what happened when one Reddit poster revealed he was asked to leave the celebrations after insulting the bridesmaids during the speech he gave as best man. Something tells me he’ll never be asked to speak at a wedding (or anywhere else in public) again…
OP was nervous about what he should say. Not everyone is built for public speaking, so it’s no surprise that as the best man, he felt a bit of pressure to come up with something good. However, in his efforts to be funny and make everyone laugh, he ended up offending the bridesmaids and leaving one in tears.
He didn’t actually know any of the bridesmaids. That made it pretty hard to come up with anything to say about them, so he tried his hardest to say something lighthearted and humorous. “I got to the business end of the speech and left a bit blank so I could say something about the bridesmaids,” OP shared. “It just came to me and I said, ‘Bridesmaids, I am a bit short of time here and I don’t really know you all so I’d just like to say that five out of six of you look stunning today… figure it out amongst yourselves.'”
It did not go over well. While he expected plenty of laughter, he got none. Instead, the entire room went completely silent, and the best man knew he’d really messed up. “One of them started crying and I didn’t actually mean any of them it was literally just nonsense,” he recalled. “When I went to apologize, without sounding mean, I realized that she isn’t actually that good looking and was significantly less beautiful than the other bridesmaids.” Oh no!
It was the bride who asked him to leave. The groom, his friend, simply nodded in agreement behind her. He later took to the Facebook page for the wedding to apology but people just weren’t having it. What an awkward lesson to learn!
- “Duty Dating” Is A Thing And You Need To Start Doing It ASAP
- What’s Your Hottest Quality? Here’s What Your Zodiac Sign Suggests
- 17 Life Struggles Of Women Who Are Naturally Loud
- You Know You’re In An Almost Relationship If You’re Sending Him These Texts
- 12 Reasons You’re Single Even Though You’re A Catch
- I Didn’t Understand Why I Kept Ending Up With Toxic Guys Until I Realized These Important Things
- Your Drunk Self Is Your Truest Self, Science Says
- They Might Not Seem Like It, But These 12 Things Are Emotional Abuse
Share this article now!