While there are tons of great things about being on your own, eventually you start to get sick of attending weddings stag, always being “the single friend” and going to bed alone every night. But the women that end up the happiest in the end are the ones that never settle, even when they think being single couldn’t possibly get any worse — here’s why:
- They know they don’t need a relationship to feel complete. Most women who’ve been around the block know that being in a relationship just to avoid being alone doesn’t solve anything. If anything, it causes more problems. Instead of pining after what they can’t control, they spend their time building an amazing life, knowing eventually that will attract the right person.
- They aren’t afraid of being alone. Since they know they’re a lot more than their relationship status, the thought of being alone doesn’t really scare them that much. They know it doesn’t mean they aren’t worth loving or that they’ll be alone forever. It’s only a matter of time before they find someone great, so there’s no point in settling now.
- They only have time for the right guy. Women who have a lot going for them have busy careers they’re invested in, an active social life and plenty of hobbies to keep them occupied in their downtime. They’ll definitely make time in their schedules to spend time with a guy they really like, but they also aren’t going to go out of their way to spend time with a guy they’re just so-so about.
- They don’t want to waste anyone’s time. Considerate, compassionate women know settling for good enough isn’t fair to the person they’re dating anymore than it’s fair to them. Everyone deserves to find someone that loves them, and they aren’t going to rob someone else of that chance just because they can’t handle the thought of being alone.
- They know what they’re worth. Women who refuse to settle do so because they know they’re worth more than what they’re settling for — and they can’t pretend otherwise. They’ve worked hard to get where they are and become who they are, and they aren’t going to waste that on someone who isn’t worthy of how amazing they are.
- They know settling won’t make them happy. For some people, being with just about anyone is a huge step up from being with no one. But the best women know they won’t be satisfied with someone who is just good enough. They want the best, and if they haven’t found it yet, they’re willing to wait until they do.
- They don’t let outside expectations get to them. Women who refuse to settle even when everyone around them is getting married and asking them why they’re still single aren’t afraid of being judged for their relationship status. They know having a significant other isn’t going to magically make everything better so they’re in no hurry to force themselves into a relationship that just doesn’t feel 100% right.
- They know what they want. Settling is a lot harder for women who know what they want. They have at least a few specifics in mind, so they aren’t going to give in at the first sight of a guy who’s the slightest bit into them. They are strong and independent enough to wait as long as it takes to meet the right person, because to them, that’s the only option anyway.