Obviously it’s hard for someone who’s completely heartbroken to see that they’re better off without the loser who left them, but if you think about it, it’s true. If he didn’t want to be with you, he doesn’t actually deserve you, anyway. All you have to do is believe it.
- He doesn’t know what he gave up. If he decided you weren’t the one for him, that’s his choice. Obviously he doesn’t see all your amazing qualities, because if he did, he’d never want to let you go.
- You deserve a guy who can’t get enough of you. No one can control who they like, and if this guy isn’t into you, it’s not necessarily his fault. You shouldn’t settle for a guy who’s lukewarm about you, because there’s someone else out there who would kill for the chance to be with you.
- Being single is better than being in a relationship that isn’t working. If he dumped you, that means something wasn’t working, even if you weren’t aware of it. Being single again definitely isn’t the worst thing that could ever happen to you, so try to enjoy it.
- At least he had the courage to end it. Not every breakup is mutual. Sometimes one person has to have the courage to be the bad guy even when it’s hard. Living in denial can be tempting, but it’s not sustainable, so try to appreciate that he was able to end your relationship when you couldn’t.
- You’ll have no regret. Of all the many emotions you experience after a breakup, regret has to be one of the worst. But if you’re the one that was dumped, you’ll never wonder if you did the right thing or not, because it was out of your hands. I know, depressing consolation prize, but it’s something.
- You don’t need him to be happy. Even if he was a genuinely great guy and you can’t think of anything wrong with him, he still wasn’t capable of making you happy. It’s not fair to put that burden on anyone else’s shoulders, because that’s something you have to do for yourself. Now you have the chance to figure out how to do that.
- You’ll get over him. Right after a breakup, it feels like you’ll never be OK again. But as time goes by, you’ll get used to him not being around, and you’ll start to see the reasons why your breakup was for the best. You’ve gotten over guys before, and you’ll do it again.
- Now you’re free to find someone new. If you’re tied down with a guy who’s wrong for you, you’re probably letting great guys pass you by on a daily basis. The thought of dating again might be scary, but it’ll eventually lead to you to a great relationship and you’ll wonder how you wasted time on bad ones for so long.