One of my fav things to do is go out for coffee. Or stay in for coffee. I just like drinking coffee, OK? Thankfully, my best friend feels the same and we often meet up at our favorite local shop, me for an oat milk latte (I’m getting old and my body hates lactose, shut up) and her for a regular latte. Our coffee orders are neither here nor there, of course – I’m using that story as a preface for telling you how badly I want to win this contest to fly to Scotland for a week and stay in a castle while drinking coffee with my bestie.
- The contest is being run by Gevalia. You may have heard of the coffee brand before, but if you haven’t, it’s time to get acquainted. The Coffee Queen contest is looking for one lucky lady (or gent) and his/her best pal to scoot off to Scotland and sip the caffeinated stuff for a full week, all expenses paid. Sounds amazing, right?
- They’ll pay you to hang out. In addition to paying for your flight and your stay at the real-life castle, Carlowrie Castle, they’ll pay you $5,000 as a “salary” and give you $2,000 worth of spending money. Of course, all the coffee you could possibly drink is also included.
- Calowrie Castle will make you feel like you’re in a fairy tale. You’ll stay at the castle, which dates back to 1852, for six whole nights. The estate has 14 bedrooms and sits on a 32-acre estate, so you couldn’t be in more peaceful surroundings. Not only that, but the winner of the contest will also get an incredible spa experience at the castle for you and your lucky pal.
- If you don’t want to travel, you can choose an alternate prize. If you’ve already been to Scotland or just don’t fancy the plane journey, you can choose to turn the trip down and instead just take $30,000 in cold hard cash from Gevalia instead. Tempting!
- There are some rules. To enter the contest, you need to be at least 18 years old and a resident of the United States. You also need to be prepared to write 250 words on why you’re the ultimate “coffee queen” even if you’re more of a coffee king. Oh, and one more thing – the contest is only open until December 21st at midnight, so you’ll need to be quick.