The son of a billionaire banker was killed while trying to save his fiancee during a fishing competition in the Florida Keys. Juan Carlos Escotet Alviarez, 31, jumped into the water after his fiancee, 30-year-old Andrea Montero, fell overboard while trying to grab a sailfish, according to the Miami Herald. Unfortunately, while she survived, Escotet Alviarez did not.
Nos levantamos con la triste noticia del fallecimiento de Juan Carlos Escotet Alviárez, quien muere en un acto de valentía al tratar de recatar a su prometida Andrea. Conocíamos a ambos jóvenes. Contaba con 32 años y se casaba el venidero mes de noviembre. pic.twitter.com/ApyhgozF7L
— Magazine Español (@magazinero) March 13, 2022
Escotet Alviarez hit the boat’s propeller nearly immediately. It happened pretty much as soon as he dove into the water to try and save Montero. Sadly, he was injured so badly that he died a short time later, according to a Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission report.
The couple was in the Florida Keys to take part in a fishing tournament organized by the Ocean Reef Club in Key Largo. Sadly, what was meant to be a fun, competitive occasion ended up being a tragic one. While it was noted that Escotet Alviarez passed away from his injuries, Montero’s condition was not mentioned.
Escotet Alviarez was the youngest son of Venezuela-based Banesco president Juan Carlos Escotet Rodriguez. The younger man graduated from the University of Miami and was serving as the director of the Miami-based Banesco USA. He also reportedly had “vast experience” in real estate development in the area, the company’s website states.
Montero is said to have survived the ordeal “without consequences.” This according to an Instagram post by Venezuela-based journalist Angela Oraa. There have been no further statements on the tragic accident or Montero’s condition.
- Your Drunk Self Is Your Truest Self, Science Says
- 14 Little Things That Look Like Love But Are Actually Manipulation
- You Know You’re In An Almost Relationship If You’re Sending Him These Texts
- “Duty Dating” Is A Thing And You Need To Start Doing It ASAP
- They Might Not Seem Like It, But These 12 Things Are Emotional Abuse
- 12 Reasons You’re Single Even Though You’re A Catch
- 17 Life Struggles Of Women Who Are Naturally Loud
- I Didn’t Understand Why I Kept Ending Up With Toxic Guys Until I Realized These Important Things
Share this article now!