Frankly, you don’t have to pay me to watch the Harry Potter movies. I’ve seen all of them at least a few dozen times each over the years and I’d happily put them on again without a second thought. But what if I told you that being willing to binge-watch all the HP movies could earn you $1,000? Talk about the easiest and most entertaining job ever!
- The offer comes from EdSmart. While we’re all spending so much time indoors, EdSmart thought it would be great to pick some Harry Potter fans to binge-watch the movies and pay them a grand for their troubles. Why? Who knows, but we shouldn’t look a gift horse in the mouth, I suppose!
- You’ll need to commit about 25 hours to the task. Since there are 10 Harry Potter movies, that means there are 25 hours and 6 minutes worth of wizarding goodness to watch. Given that you’re getting paid $1,000 for it, that equals about $41.50 per hour, which is pretty sweet!
- You get more than just the money. If $1,000 wasn’t enough for you, taking on the job also comes with all eight Harry Potter movies on Blu Ray, Harry Potter Butterbeer Caramel Corn with containers, a bunch of Harry Potter-themed candy, a Gryffindor snuggie, a Hogwarts alumni tumbler, and a $100 Grubhub gift card. Sweet!
- Up to five people will get the job. Thankfully, EdSmart is looking for up to five people to take on the task, which means five chances of being one of the chosen ones! You don’t even have to be the biggest Harry Potter fan in the world to watch the movies. You simply have to have a few social media accounts and be willing to use them to live blog your “job” and you can apply. Sweet!
- The competition closes on May 15, so you’ll have to be quick. You can apply via the EdSmart website up until May 15 and the winning applicants will be notified within 7 days of the application close date. That means you could be kicking back on a binge-watch and cashing that check in no time!