Giving birth to your child is one of the most magical experiences a mother can have, and while your partner, mom, or whoever’s in the delivery room with you may choose to document the experience on video, why shouldn’t you take the perfect selfie while your kid is taking its first breaths in the outside world? That’s what the Birthie Stick is here to help you do.
Read on to find out more about the Birthie Stick, and please be aware that Bolde may make a small profit from any purchases completed via links we provide. We then use that money to continue bringing you great content!
- Don’t worry, this isn’t a real thing. The Birthie Stick is made by a company called Prank-O, which specializes in, well, gag gifts. While the box claims that it contains a modified selfie stick that fits between the thighs kinda like a Thighmaster, it’s actually empty. “A baby’s arrival is a magical event. And there’s only one chance to get the shot,” the product’s fake creator Brandi Rae James writes on the box. “Birthie Stick is sturdy and fully adjustable, allowing you to capture every contraction with confidence. Why selfishly live in a moment when you can be sharing it with the world?”
- The copy is pretty genius. You’ve probably seen a million products with lengthy, BS-filled explanations for the product’s invention/existence, and Prank-O has really gone full steam ahead on that here. “Childbirth isn’t something you want to keep to yourself,” the box says. “The Birthie Stick was designed to provide steady, high-quality video of the blessed event using just a smartphone. So friends, family and followers can enjoy a close-up perspective of your baby’s emergence from the womb. Content doesn’t get any fresher!” Hilarious!
- For $7.99, it’s a great gag gift. If you know a mom-to-be with a great sense of humor, the fact that you can get an incredible gag gift for under 10 bucks is amazing. Sure, it’s just an empty box, but the box itself is so well-designed and full of hilarious commentary that it’s totally worth it. Plus, it’s meant to hold the gift of your choice, so you’ll still get some actual use out of it.
- Everyone who’s bought it loves it. The Amazon reviews, while not exactly plentiful, are all overwhelmingly positive. Those who purchased it praised Prank-O for creating a hilarious gag gift that everyone can get a kick out of. One person brought the Birthie Stick to a baby shower and loved seeing the responses from the shocked guests – amazing!
- Prank-O does plenty of amazing gifts just like the Birthie Stick. They also offer a Plant Urinal, a Crib Dribbler, and the Roto Wipe, just to name a few. Basically, there’s a gag gift for everyone, so cruise around Amazon and find one that’s good for you.