Blind dates can seem scary and stressful, not to mention totally outdated. The idea of going out on a date with someone we’ve never met, have never seen, and may have nothing in common with feels like a terrible idea, but blind dates could actually be the perfect way to reinvigorate your love life. It’s good to be adventurous and step outside our comfort zones, and even if the date isn’t great, it can’t be any worse than most of those dudes on Tinder, right?!
- There are no expectations on either end because you don’t really know anything about one another. So just relax and enjoy the date. He only knows what he’s been told, which isn’t even a fraction of the awesome chick you are, and vice-versa. You can’t be disappointed if you don’t have him built up in your head before you even meet.
- You can be anyone you want to be. You can be totally and completely yourself because he doesn’t know any other version of you. If you’re feeling sassy that night, be sassy; if you’re feeling mysterious, then be mysterious. He’ll love getting to know you no matter what, so long as you’re enjoying yourself, too.
- You get to know each other with a clean slate. Since you’re less likely to know one another’s histories, you get to determine what you tell him and what you don’t. Don’t lie, but don’t put it all out n the table if you don’t want to either.
- You can make a killer first impression. We all know that first impressions matter, and since he hasn’t seen you before (or likely even talked to you much), you can wow the hell of of him with your entrance. Be confident, sexy, and make him feel like the luckiest guy in the world (which he is, since he’s out with you).
- You have plenty to talk about. It’s harder to run out of things to talk about when you’ve never actually talked before. Even if the date isn’t everything you wanted, chances are you can keep the conversation going as you get to know each other’s interests, likes, dislikes, etc.
- You have an easy out if the date is tanking. He doesn’t know you don’t have a sick roommate at home or a dog that has to be let out. If your date is sinking quickly, you can bail with a tiny white lie and he’ll be none the wiser.
- You never have to see him again if you don’t want. Since you’ve never seen him before, you’re not likely to see one another again unless you, or someone else, plan it. If the date is awful and you simply can’t bear to see him again, you don’t have to.
The next time someone wants to pair you up on a blind date, throw caution to the wind and go! There’s no good reason not to, and you might be pleasantly surprised.