A 6-year-old Wyoming boy has been hailed as a hero after his aunt shared photos of injuries he sustained while protecting his younger sister from a dog attack. According to Nikki Walker, her nephew Bridger Walker had to be taken to hospital to receive treatment for some pretty serious injuries after he pulled his sister out of harm’s way and was bitten on the face and neck by an approaching dog.
- Bridger Walker is so brave! I’m a grown woman and I would still run away at full speed if I saw a scary dog running towards me! The fact that Bridger not only wasn’t scared but threw himself in harm’s way to ensure his little sister was safe is so incredible.
- He’s very wise beyond his years. Talking to his Aunt Nikki after the event, Bridger apparently told her, “If someone was going to die, I thought it should be me.” Thank goodness that no one died and that it looks like the little boy will heal fully, but what a thing to say!
- Bridger received roughly 90 stitches for his injury. Ouch! After receiving treatment, he was back at home recovering with his family. Nikki visited them recently and revealed that Bridger is doing much better now. “He’s in great spirits, and his awesome personality is intact,” Nikki wrote.
- No, the Walker family isn’t mad at the family that owns the dog that attacked Bridger. The family insisted there are no hard feelings and that the dog’s owners are “great people who have been nothing but kind to Bridger and his family.” Nikki added, “We feel no resentment towards them at all, if anything, there’s only been an increase of love between our families as a result of this problem.”
- The family are asking for charity donations rather than personal ones. When hearing Bridger Walker’s story, many people wanted to know where they could send cash to help the little boy in his recovery. However, the family instead asked for donations to go to charities such as Mission 22 and the Wounded Warrior Project instead. How wonderful is that?
Get well soon, Bridger!