Rock band Brass Against was forced to issue an apology after frontwoman Sophia Urista urinated on a fan’s face during a festival set. The musical collective, which covers artists like Tool, Black Sabbath, and Soundgarden, was performing at the Welcome to Rockville festival in Daytona Beach, Florida on Thursday night when Urista called a fan up on stage and proceeded to drop trou and unleash an unholy stream right on his face. Better (worse?) yet, the whole thing was caught on video.
- Urista had been talking about needing the toilet throughout the set. However, at one point, instead of leaving the stage to relieve herself, she called a man in the audience with a beer can stuck to his head up on stage to be her human toilet. “Get my man with the can on his head ready, ’cause we’re going to bring him onstage and I’ma p*ss in this motherf***er’s mouth,” she said while performing a Rage Against The Machine track. “I gotta pee,” she continued. “And I can’t make it to the bathroom. So we might as well make a show out of it.”
- The guy she called up seemed super into it. With a massive smile on his face, the biker dude with the can on his head climbed up on stage and laid down right between her legs.
- Urista really wasn’t holding back. Once the audience member was in position, Urista pulled down her pants and unleashed an unholy stream on the guy’s face that lasted for ages. She really did have to pee, it seems.
- Brass Against later apologized for Urista’s actions. “We’re still processing… this was profoundly unexpected,” the band tweeted after the show. “We had a great time last night at Welcome To Rockville. Sophia got carried away. That’s not something the rest of us expected, and it’s not something you’ll see again at our shows. Thanks for bringing it last night, Daytona.”
- Many people believe it was the most rock ‘n’ roll thing to happen in a long time. A lot of fans had no issue with what went down. After all, the man was a willing participant and there’s something a bit punk about the whole thing. However, there were others who criticized Urista’s behavior, particularly because it was an all-ages show.
We had a great time last night at Welcome to Rockville. Sophia got carried away. That’s not something the rest of us expected, and it’s not something you’ll see again at our shows. Thanks for bringing it last night, Daytona.
— Brass Against (@BrassAgainst) November 13, 2021
rockville is really crazy 😭😭😭 pic.twitter.com/6ekkc0XahC
— jayde 🅴 (@jaydetbh) November 12, 2021