A Welsh woman who was ditched at the altar by the man she believed would be her husband forged ahead with her wedding day despite the heartbreak. Kayley Stead spent good money on the ceremony and reception and had no plans to let it go to waste, so she kept the party going surrounded by her friends and family.
Bride Kayley Stead kept calm and carried on even after the devastating news https://t.co/Toc4CcyFsV
— Independent Lifestyle (@IndyLife) September 24, 2022
- Stead had a weird feeling on the morning of her wedding. The 27-year-old admitted that something just seemed “off” and she didn’t feel like she was going to make it down the aisle. Turns out, she was right — her fiance ghosted her. “I saw the groom at around 4 p.m. the day before the wedding and I haven’t heard from him since,” she told SWNS (via NY Post).
- He never bothered to give her an explanation. He didn’t just not show up to the wedding, he’s never spoken to her since. Despite Stead wondering what the hell went wrong, her ex has completely avoided her. “We’ve tried to reach out to him, but I’ve had no response from him, no reason why. I’ve had no explanation — not that I want one now, because it’s too far along the line,” she admitted.
- She’d been with her fiance for two years before getting engaged. Stead started dating him in December 2018 and they got engaged in August 2020. The night before the wedding, she and her best girlfriends stayed at an Airbnb while he stayed with his friends in a caravan near the wedding venue. They decided not to speak the night before the wedding, so by the time the next morning rolled around, she “didn’t know what was happening on his end and didn’t have a clue.”
- One of the groomsmen broke the news the next morning that Stead’s fiance was gone. She was just getting her hair and makeup done when she got the call. “They wanted to make sure he was definitely gone before panicking me,” she recalled. While she didn’t think it was anything to worry about, when no one had heard from him by 11 a.m., she knew it was over. “At that point, I was gone. I was sobbing,” she said. However, after encouragement from her friends and family, she decided to forge ahead with the big day.
- It looks like she had an incredible day regardless. Her party at the Oxwich Bay Hotel in Swansea went ahead, with the professional photographer capturing amazing photos of Stead and her family and friends as they enjoyed the day. She even did her wedding entrance, people gave speeches, and she even enjoyed a “first dance” of sorts with her dad!
- Stead is so happy she went through with things. “I wanted to make sure everyone knew that it wasn’t about the sad and we were going to power through this. It was a very awkward situation for [my friends] to be in, but they all stayed,” she said. “I didn’t want to remember the day as complete sadness. There were so many special moments… so there was still happiness in the day.”