Despite the fact that the entire UK is under a government-mandated lockdown in which people should only leave home to exercise, buy essential supplies, or go to work, one couple decided it was a fine time to head to Brighton Beach and have sex in broad daylight. Unfortunately for them, they were spotted and photographed. Keep it classy!
- The photo was taken by another, fully-clothed couple. Becki Chester 39, and Craig Buckland, 40, were going on a morning walk when they spotted the couple getting frisky on the sand and snapped the picture. “We were minding our own business, keeping our distance when we spotted a couple making full use of their exercise hour,” Becki said. “We hope they washed their hands afterwards.”
- Welp, no social distancing there! The incident apparently took place on the sand of Brighton Beach on Thursday, April 23 at 7:50 a.m. It’s unclear whether the couple engaging in the act are self-isolating together or what, but either way, I think we can all agree this is not a good look either way.
- The local council is pretty embarrassed on the couple’s behalf. As reported by The Mirror, Brighton and Hove City Council said in a statement, “It’s an unfortunate picture and we would think the people involved will be highly embarrassed if their friends and families are able to recognize them. It certainly serves as a reminder to us all that you never know when someone is watching you.”
- I don’t think this is the kind of “exercise” the government was referring to. You’re allowed to leave your house for an hour a day to engage in daily exercise such as walking, jogging, or biking even during the lockdown. After all, physical fitness is important. However, somehow I don’t think getting down on the beach counts.
- I hope it was worth it! It’s likely that someone will recognize the couple which means they’re going to have to do some pretty awkward explaining… they should have stayed home for so many reasons!