A Los Angeles prop store has been saved from having to close down after Britney Spears gave the shop a shout-out on Instagram. The “Toxic” singer credited Hand Prop Room for providing her with the incredibly realistic-looking (but ultimately fake) knives she used to dance with on her feed. As a result, TMZ says rental sales for their goods have increased by an impressive 50%.
- Everyone wants fake knives like Britney. Sources say that the sales department at Hand Prop Room has been absolutely inundated with calls from people wanting to know if Britney really rented her knives from there and if they could do the same.
- The Hand Prop Room has been struggling this year. While the store generally has plenty of business providing props to Hollywood movies and TV shows, the writers’ and actors’ strikes this year have seen their business dwindle to nearly nothing, and they’ve been struggling to make ends meet. Not anymore!
- Thankfully, things seem to be looking up. Not only has the WGA reached a tentative deal to end their strike, meaning productions should start shooting again soon, but Britney Spears fans are desperate to get a hold of some memorabilia just like their hero.
- Hilariously, the shop has been offering some promotion to Spears, as well. TMZ spoke to Hand Prop Room’s manager, who said that the store has been playing nonstop Britney Spears music ever since she made the Instagram post, and it seems only right.
- It’s good to see this story have a happy ending. After all, people were calling the police to perform a wellness check on Spears after she posted the videos of herself dancing with the knives. While she clarified that she was simply “copying Shakira,” people were worried about her and thought she might hurt herself. Looks like all’s well that ends well!