It seems like every time you open up Instagram, another influencer is jetting off to the Maldives to stay in one of those luxurious private bungalows that extend over crystal clear waters. It looks like a dream vacation, but it’s also exorbitantly expensive and well out of most of our budgets. However, there’s a very similar experience at a Greek resort that just might do the trick!
- Stella Island Luxury Resort is on the island of Crete. Crete is a super popular vacation spot in general for its fantastic weather, gorgeous beaches, and amazing architecture. Stella Island Luxury Resort fits right in and offers a VIP experience for less cash than you’d pay in the Maldives. It only opened in 2017 so everything is still fresh and new and it looks incredible.
- The setup is just perfect. Guests can enjoy their own private overwater bungalows that extend onto a giant pool that the whole resort is built around. Each of the bungalows has its own deck with hammock and some even have a hot tub. Sweet!
- There are walkways over the water everywhere you look. They allow you to navigate the resort and some even lead to relaxing lounge areas or restaurants so you’re always getting a beautiful view whatever you’re doing. It’s really impressive!
- Staying there is really affordable. While not “cheap” by any means – this is a luxury resort, after all – you can stay at Stella Island with your own overwater bungalow for around $200 a night, which is more than reasonable. Considering a single night in the Maldives can run into the thousands, this is a complete bargain by comparison!
- No, this isn’t an ad! I’ve never actually been to Stella Island, sadly, but when it’s safe to travel again, I would love to go here. I discovered this place thanks to Unilad and immediately fell in love with it. I can’t tell you how many hours I’ve spent on their Instagram, scrolling through their beautiful pictures and dreaming of lounging at one of the bungalows. It’s definitely next on my list!