If you love chocolate and you love traveling, it makes sense to combine the two into one amazing experience by going on the Eurochocolate cruise around Europe and eating your weight in the sweet stuff for eight days straight.
- It’s a chocolate lover’s dream. The Eurochocolate Cruise is a collaboration with Costa Cruises and the Eurochocolate festival and it aims to give chocolate lovers the ultimate experience over the period of eight days.
- Don’t be surprised if you come home 5 lbs heavier. That’s because you will be surrounded by chocolate 24/7. From chocolate tastings to workshops and informational panels and trips to amazing places like the Barcelona Chocolate Museum, you will literally be in chocolate heaven.
- No, seriously, there will be chocolate everywhere. In addition to the tastings and panels, the whole ship is filled with chocolate fountains and sculptures as well as actual chocolatiers happy to talk to you about chocolate and let you taste some of their goodies. It doesn’t get any better than that.
- It will certainly be a unique experience. “We try to offer unique experiences to our guests […] and this is possible also thanks to prestigious partnerships like the one with Eurochocolate,” said Carlo Schiavon, Costa Cruises’ Italy country manager, in an interview with Lonely Planet. “[It] will allow us to have for the first time aboard a cruise ship the vibe, the fun and the tastes of the greatest international festival dedicated to chocolate.”
- It starts next year, so there’s still time to book. The Eurochocolate Cruise will sail away on April 16, 2020 and will include stops in Genoa, Barcelona, Palma de Mallorca, Malta, and Catania. That means in addition to eating loads of chocolate, you also get to enjoy the beautiful sunshine of the Mediterranean. You can find out everything you need to know, including how to book, on the Costa website.