Chris Watts may be serving three consecutive life sentences for the murders of his pregnant wife, Shannan, and their two young daughters, but that hasn’t stopped many women from writing to the killer behind bars and proclaiming their undying love for him. According to ABC7, prosecutors in the case have released dozens of letters that so-called female fans have written to Watts, and much of what they say to him truly beggars belief and makes you wonder what on earth is wrong with them.
These women believe he’s a good person despite the monstrous crimes he committed. As one woman wrote to him: “In my heart, I know you are a great guy. If you do write me back I’d be the happiest girl alive, that’s for sure #teamchris #chrisisinnocent #lovehim #socute.” A different woman penned: “I’ve found myself thinking a lot about you.” She included a photo of herself in a bikini and professed to wanting to “brighten [Watts’] days.” Yikes!
This isn’t exactly a new phenomenon. Watts isn’t the first murderer to attract female fans who find themselves drawn to him despite how terrible he is. Lest we forget, the likes of Charles Manson and Ted Bundy had plenty of women after them. The condition of being attracted to criminals like this even has a name – hybristophilia.
Even Nancy Grace is confounded by the women who are into Watts. As she said on her Crime Stories podcast episode about Watts: “My point is, who are these nuts that are ‘in love’ with him? … He didn’t have a trial, he pled guilty under oath, he admitted he’s guilty. He’s not innocent deep, deep down inside. Who are these people?!” I wonder the same thing!
Sadly, it’s unlikely that he’ll ever stop getting this kind of attention. While there’s not much he can do about it from behind bars, no doubt being fawned over by these women will be providing quite the ego boost to this narcissistic, cruel human being.
- 17 Life Struggles Of Women Who Are Naturally Loud
- What’s Your Hottest Quality? Here’s What Your Zodiac Sign Suggests
- They Might Not Seem Like It, But These 12 Things Are Emotional Abuse
- You Know You’re In An Almost Relationship If You’re Sending Him These Texts
- Your Drunk Self Is Your Truest Self, Science Says
- “Duty Dating” Is A Thing And You Need To Start Doing It ASAP
- 14 Little Things That Look Like Love But Are Actually Manipulation
- I Didn’t Understand Why I Kept Ending Up With Toxic Guys Until I Realized These Important Things
Share this article now!