I’m strong, smart, and I value my independence, but I still want to find someone to share my life with. I’m ready to fall head over heels, but finding someone — the right one — to give my heart to sometimes seems impossible. Here are the confessions of a girl who’s ready to love with all her heart:
- I’m at peace with my past. I’ve been through sadness, and I’ve said goodbye to loves I thought might be forever, but they weren’t, and I’m OK with it. I take comfort knowing my heart has felt love before and that even though my past is messy, I don’t let that hinder my faith that what I want and that what I have to give is worth holding out for.
- I’m not looking to fill any voids. I’ve completed myself and love isn’t something I need — it’s something I genuinely want with the right person. I’m no longer seeking companionship just to fill a hole in my heart, because I’m willing to wait for my perfect person. I won’t waste my time with someone who won’t fully appreciate what I have to offer.
- I bring my best self to the table. When you’re truly ready to love with everything you have, you’re always going to bring your best self to the front line. Love is a battlefield, and you have to be ready to fight for it and for what you deserve, no matter how tempting it can be to give up or settle.
- I’ve accepted my faults. I know I’m not perfect, and that’s perfectly fine. The person I give my heart to will love all the defects and in return I’ll love his. Opening your heart truly to someone means you know they’re not flawless and they’re going to make mistakes, but even when they do, you’ll love them anyways
- I’m ready to work hard. I know love isn’t easy and that making a relationship work will sometimes be challenging, but I accept this because I’m realistic about it. We’ll fight, we’ll disagree on things, and sometimes we won’t want to speak to each other, but eventually we’ll get over it, we’ll apologize, and we’ll make up because what we have is worth fighting for and real love can only grow when you’re willing to work through the tough stuff.
- I’m ready to compromise with and grow for the right person. When you’re truly ready for love, you’ll be willing to bend on your habits and challenge yourself to be better in new ways with someone else sharing the journey. I understand that in order to have a lasting love with someone, I can’t remain selfish or stubborn. My heart is open for something new that will change me for the better.
- I don’t want easy love. Easy love won’t fulfill every inch of my heart. I want tantalizing, devastating, painful, honest, multi-faceted, challenging, consuming and ridiculous love that makes every part of my heart feel something new each and every day.
- I’m willing to wait for it. No matter how long it takes to reach the destination, what I have to give is amazing and it’s going to take truly the right person to open up to completely. It’ll be worth it, because when you’re willing to love with your whole heart, you’ll only be willing to give it to someone whose equally as ready to give it right back. It’s all or nothing.