Police in Australia barged into a woman’s 100th birthday party and put her in cuffs, staging the “arrest” in order to cross off a longstanding wish from her bucket list. Jean Bickerton had always wanted to experience what it was like to be arrested, and Victoria Police were all too happy to oblige.
- Jean even got photos taken of the “arrest.” Pictures released by Victoria police show Jean at the scene of the “crime” in Newborough wearing a crown and pink dress while posing with three police officers. She looked like she was having the time of her life!
- This was such a fun thing to do! Jean even got to go outside to take photos in front of the police car, and while they didn’t bundle her inside the vehicle, she at least has picture proof of her “bad behavior.”
- Victoria Police shared the heartwarming day in a Facebook post. A spokesperson for the force said: “When we heard of Jean’s wishes, our team at Moe station were ready to step in and help check it off. While celebrating her milestone at Narracan Gardens Residential Aged Care, three young constables whirled in, lights and sirens, to make sure Jean’s birthday wishes were met.” The spokesperson continued: “Quickly briefing the residents of the event (to assure no one was in trouble), officers gently placed handcuffs on Ms. Bicketon declaring her ‘officially’ under arrest. She did not resist.”
- It was one of the best birthdays Jean’s ever had. The woman herself voiced how pleased she was with her unconventional celebration, and Victoria Police were all too happy to fulfill one of her longest-held wishes.
- To be clear, Jean has never been in trouble. The former nurse pointed out to Daily Mail Australia that she’s always been a law-abiding citizen. “I’ve never been arrested in my life,” she said. “I said to them I’ve never been drunk and I’ve never been arrested, never lost my driving license, and never had an infringement.” Thankfully, despite her “arrest,” she still has a clean record! Happy birthday, Jean!