An aggressive father has defended his actions after a video of him violently pinning his 14-year-old daughter to the floor of the family’s garage in Gwinnett County, Georgia went viral online. Andrew Anderson and his wife, the girl’s step-mom, have said that their approach to disciplining the teen, who was confronted about stealing something in the clip, was completely appropriate.
- The teen can be seen struggling to get away. In the clip, she screams at her father to get off of her, but he ignores her pleas as he knees on top of her. Instead, it seems as though the girl is hit in the face several times while she kicks and struggles. He even threatens his daughter that he’ll go to the police, calling her a “liability.”
- The 36-minute video was shared to Instagram. What’s even crazier is that the incident was broadcast on Instagram Live by Andrew Anderson himself, and it wasn’t long before the video went viral. Many users called for authorities to remove the girl from the house and to arrest the parents, pointing out the inappropriateness of the abuse. Investigators in the area did eventually decide to open a case against the father.
- Anderson doesn’t regret his actions in the slightest. “I don’t regret anything that was seen on video, but I do regret broadcasting the video to other people,” he told Channel 2 Action News. In fact, he believes what he did is the perfect way to discipline a misbehaving child. “I didn’t sit on her. I didn’t put my weight down on her at any time in the video. I strictly used my knees to kind of lock her arms in while I was holding her arms to the side,” he insisted.
- He believed treating her like that was a learning experience. Anderson insisted he’d never once abused his daughter and that he’d only been so aggressive towards her to teach her a lesson in case she was ever treated like that by someone else. “My intent was to give her an experience that she could feel because she is not listening to me,” he explained. “I just hope this situation will wake her up in a sense. There’s a lot of people out there that love you and you just need to make smarter choices. I’m sorry it’s gotten to where it’s gotten to today.”
- The teen is currently living with a friend of the family. She was removed from the household for the time being pending further investigation.