When you’re a little bit high strung, daily life comes with a particular set of struggles. Your anxiety can take over your day if you let it, and you almost never get to a place where you can completely unwind. If you’re a girl who just can’t relax, you’ll relate to these daily struggles:
- You literally always need a glass of wine. Are you stressed enough to need a glass of wine? Always. If there could be one strapped to your hand all day, you might actually have a moment where you’re not a complete mess of neurotic anxiety.
- You’re sick of people telling you to “just relax.” Just relax? Why hadn’t you thought of that before? Thanks to that insightful piece of advice, all your problems are now solved. Not being stressed is really difficult for you, and people’s dumb comments only make your anxiety worse.
- You’re always sure there’s something you’re supposed to be doing. If you find a rare moment of downtime, you can’t seem to convince yourself that you actually have time to yourself. You’re sure you’ve just forgotten something, and can’t let it go enough to unwind.
- Your mind races with everything you want to get done. From menial domestic tasks to your long-term life plans, you can’t stop thinking and planning. You can’t shut your brain off when there are so many things to do in this life.
- You constantly need new projects. Instead of keeping a manageable workload that would allow for free time, you constantly seek out new projects to put on your plate. You’re more comfortable keeping busy, so you look for new tasks pretty regularly.
- You research everything. You need to do a ton of research all the time. You want to learn how to DIY things, make home repairs, and know what’s going on in the world. If you have 30 seconds to kill here or there, you’re probably online learning something new.
- You waste time doing pointless tasks. You might have important things to do, or nothing to do at all, but you waste your time doing silly things instead. You decide now is the perfect time to reorganize your books by size instead of author, or clean all your lipstick tubes, or make a hypothetical Pinterest board for an event you aren’t actually having. Sometimes being busy is more important to you than actually being productive, so you occasionally gravitate towards mindless tasks that keep you occupied for a little while.
- You have lists everywhere. You make to do lists like it’s your job. There are reminders, calendars, budgets, shopping lists, and outlines scattered throughout your house. You put things on paper to help calm down your mind, but it only helps so much.
- Sometimes you’re too anxious to do anything at all. Sometimes you’re so high strung that you can barely function. You never allow your mind and body to take breaks, which can lead to some serious burnout. Your brain can force you to take it easy, even when all you want to do is be productive.