Although being a financially dependent kid forever has its perks – no job or responsibility – growing up and getting your act together is even better. Sure, you may have an office to be in by 9am, but you also get the freedom and bank account that comes along with being an adult.
By the time you finally get your act together, you definitely want to be with someone on the same page. While there will always be something endearing about the person who never wants to grow up, there’s something even better that comes with the person that has it all together: They have direction. But direction isn’t the only reason you should date a woman who has her act together; here are 13 others.
- She’s sexy. There’s nothing in the world sexier than woman who has her life in order. I don’t know if there’s any scientific research to back that statement up, but I think personal experience is enough.
- She knows what she wants. There’s not just power in being with a woman who knows what she wants, but that confidence just might rub off on you, too.
- She’s self-reliant. Because who wants to be someone who can’t take care of themselves? It’s fun to play caretaker sometimes, but trying to teach someone how to live life is just taxing and depressing.
- She’s financially independent. Even if you’re the type who wants to spoil your partner rotten (and that’s great!), you also want to know that they’ll be able to pay for their own meals when you’re out of town.
- She has a career. There’s a hug difference between a job and career, and a woman who has her life together has the latter.
- She realizes that ketchup isn’t a vegetable. While I truly believe you can actually live on pizza forever, the reality is that at some point, you need to start eating well and taking your healthy seriously. A woman who does that is the exact type of positive influence you want in your life.
- She knows where she’s been. And she’s grateful for the person it made her.
- She knows where she’s going. And she’s excited to see where the road takes her.
- She has perspective. Although people often think perspective comes with age, it actually comes with wisdom. A woman who has her act together has wisdom in the bag.
- She appreciates what she has. Because she’s worked for everything she has and she realizes that she deserves it.
- She’s not afraid to be outspoken. With all the confidence that comes with having her life in order, is the additional understanding that what she has to say is important, educated, and will likely make a difference.
- She stands up for herself. Because she knows she’s better than dealing with the drama of others or the stuff they may try to deal her.
- She’ll stand up for you. While you should be able to stand up for yourself if you have your act together too, it doesn’t hurt to always have someone in your corner.