Are you dating a Cancer man? Born between June 22 and July 22, this water sign is romantic, sensitive, and fiercely protective over the ones he love. But he’s not a good match for everyone. Read on to find out what you should know about dating a Cancer man!
- He’s more sensitive than he looks. Cancer men don’t seem sensitive at first. They can be cold and distant until they really get to know you. So you’d be forgiven for thinking that the Cancer guy you’re dating is insensitive. But this sign is anything but! They are emotional water signs and feel everything deeply, even if they don’t admit it. Once he feels comfortable around you, he’ll come out of his shell and show you his true sensitive colors.
- He can be a little moody. Because Cancer men are so sensitive and affected by the world around them, they can be a little moody at times. They tend to follow their emotions rather than logical thinking. So if they feel angry or upset, they can have a hard time hiding it. If your Cancer guy seems distant, know that you probably haven’t done anything wrong. He’s likely in a bad mood about something else, and he’ll get over it soon.
- He loves being at home. Cancer is the homebody of the zodiac. This sign loves being at home and feels the most comfortable in their own surroundings. So don’t be surprised if your dates revolve around dinners at home and movies on the couch. He can get overwhelmed by packed schedules that take him away from his house too often, so he’s not the best match for someone who loves being out every night. He might love traveling occasionally, but ultimately, home is where is heart lies.
- He’s super protective. The tendency for nurturing is a classic Cancer trait. This sign loves to look after the people he loves. He feels naturally protective over the person he’s dating and will always look out for them, whether they ask for that attention or not. He’s the type of guy to walk you to your car so you don’t have to walk alone. Or the type that wants you to text him to let him know that you got home safely. And he’ll always come to your defense in the face of hostility.
- He needs your time and attention. Cancer has a lot of admirable qualities, but he isn’t known for his independence. This sign needs your time and attention. You may not be a good fit for a Cancer if you crave lots of alone time within a relationship and feel smothered by a partner who seems to always be there. While he’s not into PDA, he does show affection in private and will want to be around you as much as possible, even if you’re just holding hands while watching TV.
- It takes a while for him to come out of his shell. Cancer moves slowly and he needs a partner who is patient. He only reveals his true self when he feels completely safe and comfortable. Until then, it can feel like your relationship isn’t progressing. But it is. All of a sudden, when you least expect it, he’ll open up and let you in.
More things you should know about dating a cancer man
- He’s a natural romantic. Romance is one of Cancer’s best skills. He’s a natural when it comes to charming others and knows exactly how to sweep his partner off their feet. He also appreciates a little romance in return. One of the best things about being with a Cancer is that they’re easy to please. This sign loves the simple things in life, so you don’t need to spend a lot of money or go to too much effort to show him how you feel. A little romantic thought goes a long way.
- A compliment is never wasted on him. Given his sensitivity, Cancer is prone to insecurity. It never hurts to remind him how you feel about him, and why. He’ll always appreciate a compliment, and it will mean even more coming from the person he really likes.
- Don’t rush a relationship with a Cancer man. You can’t rush a relationship with a Cancer man. He needs to move at his own pace, otherwise, he will feel backed into a corner. If you push him before he’s ready, he might get defensive and retreat into his shell, or run away altogether. Slow and steady wins the race!
- He craves trust, commitment, and security. While Cancer might go through phases where he looks for one-night stands and casual relationships, ultimately this sign craves trust, commitment and security. He is the type who feels happiest in a long-term relationship and dreams of settling down with a family of his own.
- He may keep his feelings bottled up. Even after you coax him from his shell, a Cancer man can still keep his feelings bottled up from time to time. That’s why it’s important to remind him that you’re there to listen and encourage him to share. He will appreciate the opportunity to confide in you, but might not feel comfortable enough to ask for it.