Some men are real losers. While I would never suggest marrying one, there are several benefits to briefly dating a total loser. As long as you know the relationship is fleeting, give yourself the green light to go ahead and enjoy yourself. Before kicking Romeo to the curb, appreciate these 7 benefits of dating a loser:
- It can be fun. Today’s standard loser usually comes with a pretty packed social calendar. Whether you’re pounding beers with his bros before the big game, slaying a cocktail dress with him at the newest nightclub, or owning at beer pong while his ridiculously over competitive side takes over, you can rely on your loser to keep your evenings anything but boring.
- You don’t have to stress about where the relationship is going. You know this isn’t the man for you. He won’t change just because you’re awesome. You can enjoy the fun aspects of dating while it lasts without having to stress over future life decisions. You can apply to grad school in Asia, start saving up for a down payment on a house, or start the application process for adopting a dog. Planning your future can be easier if you know you aren’t making plans for two.
- You can focus on other things. One advantage of dating an loser is you get to devote as little energy to the relationship as he does. So go ahead, work on your dissertation instead of remembering your anniversary dinner. Go to the gym instead of showing up to his soccer game like you promised. Spend Thanksgiving with your friends instead of driving 6 hours to his family’s house. Focus on you, girl.
- You can figure out what you really want in a partner. The best way to narrow down what you want in a partner is to figure out what you DON’T want. Maybe you never realized how much you cared about date night until you dated a loser who only does guys nights. It’s possible you never considered your feelings on splitting up household chores until this guy decided that everything was automatically your job. Maybe you didn’t consider finances until loser face realized he “forgot” his wallet after ordering 6 vodka red bulls at the bar a few too many times in a row.
- You won’t be crushed when it’s over. You had some fun, learned a thing or two about yourself, and now that loser is out of your life forever. You won’t be crying into your Ben and Jerry’s when you see this guy checking into a nightclub with random girls the weekend after you split. Bye Felicia.
- Angry sex can be hot. You can count on your loser boyfriend to regularly act like he learned his dating skills on a farm. Prepare yourself for way more angry sex and make up sex than you will have in any other relationship. Taking out your aggressions in the bedroom can be great cardio, too.
- You’ll appreciate the nice guy. When your fling with captain loser is over, you may be truly ready to appreciate the perks of dating a nice guy. Start stretching, friend zoned guys on the bench. It’s your turn up at bat next.