If you’ve tried pretty much every dating app out there and are sick of constantly coming up empty-handed, I may have some good news for you. While looking for guys who you have tons in common with hasn’t really worked out, there’s finally another way to find your potential Mr. Right: looking for guys who hate the same things you do. Genius, right? That’s where new dating app Hater comes in.
Before I go any further, I want to clarify that this is NOT a sponsored post or an advertisement — I’m writing about this because, as someone who doesn’t feel the need to be relentlessly cheery or optimistic, I appreciate the idea of bonding with people based on shared DISlikes rather than shared passions (though those are important too).
Hater — which launches February 8, by the way — is a swipe-based app. You swipe up for love, down for hate, left for dislike and right for like on various topics, from Donald Trump and smoking weed to gluten-free diets and selfies. You can even choose to “opt out” if you feel neutral about a given topic. From there, Hater will match you up with your misanthropic soulmate.
Is it a bit gimmicky? Eh, I don’t think so. Sure, it’s a bit hipstery to bitch and moan about the stuff you hate, but it’s also something we’re all pretty guilty of. Having strong opinions about things you can’t stand doesn’t necessarily mean you’re a miserable human being, but measuring this element of the personality is just another matchmaking tool with refreshing results. What do you have to lose?
Sponsored: The best dating/relationships advice on the web. Check out Relationship Hero a site where highly trained relationship coaches get you, get your situation, and help you accomplish what you want. They help you through complicated and difficult love situations like deciphering mixed signals, getting over a breakup, or anything else you’re worried about. You immediately connect with an awesome coach on text or over the phone in minutes. Just click here…
- You Know You’re In An Almost Relationship If You’re Sending Him These Texts
- 14 Little Things That Look Like Love But Are Actually Manipulation
- I Didn’t Understand Why I Kept Ending Up With Toxic Guys Until I Realized These Important Things
- What’s Your Hottest Quality? Here’s What Your Zodiac Sign Suggests
- 12 Reasons You’re Single Even Though You’re A Catch
- 17 Life Struggles Of Women Who Are Naturally Loud
- They Might Not Seem Like It, But These 12 Things Are Emotional Abuse
- Your Drunk Self Is Your Truest Self, Science Says
Share this article now!