If you’ve tried pretty much every dating app out there and are sick of constantly coming up empty-handed, I may have some good news for you. While looking for guys who you have tons in common with hasn’t really worked out, there’s finally another way to find your potential Mr. Right: looking for guys who hate the same things you do. Genius, right? That’s where new dating app Hater comes in.
Before I go any further, I want to clarify that this is NOT a sponsored post or an advertisement — I’m writing about this because, as someone who doesn’t feel the need to be relentlessly cheery or optimistic, I appreciate the idea of bonding with people based on shared DISlikes rather than shared passions (though those are important too).
Hater — which launches February 8, by the way — is a swipe-based app. You swipe up for love, down for hate, left for dislike and right for like on various topics, from Donald Trump and smoking weed to gluten-free diets and selfies. You can even choose to “opt out” if you feel neutral about a given topic. From there, Hater will match you up with your misanthropic soulmate.
Is it a bit gimmicky? Eh, I don’t think so. Sure, it’s a bit hipstery to bitch and moan about the stuff you hate, but it’s also something we’re all pretty guilty of. Having strong opinions about things you can’t stand doesn’t necessarily mean you’re a miserable human being, but measuring this element of the personality is just another matchmaking tool with refreshing results. What do you have to lose?
- 12 Reasons You’re Single Even Though You’re A Catch
- Your Drunk Self Is Your Truest Self, Science Says
- I Didn’t Understand Why I Kept Ending Up With Toxic Guys Until I Realized These Important Things
- They Might Not Seem Like It, But These 12 Things Are Emotional Abuse
- “Duty Dating” Is A Thing And You Need To Start Doing It ASAP
- 14 Little Things That Look Like Love But Are Actually Manipulation
- 17 Life Struggles Of Women Who Are Naturally Loud
- You Know You’re In An Almost Relationship If You’re Sending Him These Texts
Share this article now!