A death row inmate requested a whopping 29,000-calorie meal as his final one before being executed. Gary Carl Simmons Jr received a lethal injection at the Mississippi State Penitentiary for the murder of Jeffrey Wolfe back in June 2012. However, before he went out, he wanted to eat well.
- Simmons’ crime was particularly heinous. He didn’t just murder Jeffrey Wolfe, he then used the meat carving knives he used at his job as a grocery store butcher to dismember the victim. He then threw the remains into an alligator-infested bayou.
- The murder was said to be drug-related. Gary Carl Simmons Jr committed his crime back in August 1996, when he was 33 years old and Wolfe was only 21. Wolfe and his girlfriend had reportedly driven to Mississippi from Texas to collect a drug debt estimated to be anywhere between $12,000 and $20,0000. However, when they arrived at Simmons’ property, he claimed he didn’t have the money and soon shot Wolfe with a .22-caliber rifle. Simmons is then said to have locked Wolfe’s girlfriend in a foot locker before raping her. She eventually escaped and called police. Simmons was convicted in August 1997 and sentenced to death.
- Simmons spent 15 years on death row. However, before he took his last breath, he was able to request one final meal that could include anything and everything he wanted. He took that to the extreme. According to Gulf Live, his menu was varied and extensive to the point that one person could never eat all of it.
- So, what did Gary Carl Simmons Jr have as part of his last meal? Simmons asked for a Pizza Hut medium Super Supreme Deep Dish Pizza, double portion, with mushrooms, onions, jalapenos, and pepperoni. He also requested another pizza with three cheeses, olives, bell pepper, garlic, Italian sausage, and tomato. He followed that up with 10 8-ounce packages of Parmesan, 10 8-oz packs of ranch dressing, a family pack of nacho cheese Doritos, 4 ounces of sliced jalapenos, 8 ounces of jalapeno nacho cheese, two large strawberry shakes, two 20-ounce Cokes, a super-size portion of McDonald’s fries with extra mayo and ketchup, and two pints of strawberry ice cream.
- He ate roughly half of the food he asked for. At a press conference held before the execution, the Department of Corrections revealed he’d sampled a bit of everything except for the fries and that he’d eaten roughly half the food in total.