Being stuck in the house sucks, but if there’s one thing that can make us feel better, it’s the Disney Family Singalong airing on ABC this week. The star-studded broadcast will feature tons of celebrities all belting out their favorite Disney tunes from the comfort and safety of their living rooms and the best part is, you can join in from your home too! I haven’t been so excited for something in a long time.
Be our guest…
Be our guest…
Turn your TV to ABC
And we’ll provide the rest…
Join these stars and more for the #DisneyFamilySingalong, Thursday at 8|7c on ABC! #DisneyMagicMoments pic.twitter.com/eNvAu3Bsxb
— ABC (@ABCNetwork) April 10, 2020
- Disney Family Singalong will include tons of our favorite Disney songs. You can expect to hear plenty of the songs you know and love from movies such as Frozen, Beauty & The Beast, The Little Mermaid, Moana, and more. Will your favorite tunes be included? Who can say?
- SO many big stars are taking part in this. Not only is Ryan Seacrest on board as the host of the Disney Family Singalong, but Josh Gad, the voice of Olaf in Frozen, and Auli’i Cravalho, the voice of Moana, will also be taking part. There will also be appearances by the likes of Christina Aguilera, Kristen Chenoweth, John Stamos, Michael Bublé, Amber Riley, Erin Andrews, Bobby Bones, Luke Evans, Jordan Fisher, Derek Hough, Julianne Hough, Carrie Ann Inaba, Little Big Town, Kenny Ortega, Donny Osmond, and Thomas Rhett. I told you it was star-studded!
- We can all use a little cheering up right now. Times are tough, but singing some light-hearted nad fun Disney songs can help cheer us up and make us feel a little less alone. “If there’s something that we’ve all learned in the past few weeks, it’s to cherish every moment and the importance of connection, whether through laughter, stories, or music,” ABC Entertainment President Karey Burke said in a statement. “We hope that we can help create some new unforgettable moments in the only way that Disney can.”
- Disney Family Singalong will bring attention to some important causes too. While the point of the broadcast is to be fun, ABC will also pepper in some info about Feeding America, an organization which has a “vast network and resources for people in the country who are finding themselves in unfamiliar circumstances and facing hunger for the first time due to COVID-19.”
- So when is it on? Tune into ABC on Thursday, April 16 at 8 p.m. EST. The show will likely be available to replay on the ABC app after it airs in case you miss it.