If you’ve always dreamed of growing up to become a real-life Disney princess and marrying your Prince Charming, now you can sorta get halfway there with the company’s new line of wedding dresses that will be unveiled as part of New York Bridal Fashion Week. Yes, this exists and it’s amazing.
- The Disney Fairy Tale Weddings Collection consists of 16 dresses. The gowns, which Disney created in collaboration with the bridal boutique Allure Bridals, are inspired by the likes of Ariel, Belle, Jasmine, Cinderella, Pocahontas, and Snow White, among others. From the sketches that have been released, it’s clear they’re going to be gorgeous. They’re designed to “capture the style and spirit of Disney Princess characters” and it looks like they really do.
- As far as wedding gowns go, Disney’s aren’t too expensive. Of course, becoming a real-life princess doesn’t come cheap, but miraculously, filling your childhood fairy tale dreams doesn’t have to cost an arm and a leg. Most of the gowns will range in price from $1,200 to $2,500. However, there are seven items in the Disney Fairy Tale Weddings Platinum Collection, which will be unveiled in full in April 2020, that will run up to $10,000. I wonder what those ones look like!
- Only select wedding boutiques will carry the Disney gowns. If you want to say “I do” wearing a dress inspired by Pocahontas or Cinderella, you may have to travel to find a boutique that carries Disney’s special dresses. In other words, you’ll have to travel to Kleinfeld Bridal stores in New York or Toronto to get your hands on one.
- How has this collection never been made before? Disney and weddings are a marriage made in heaven (yes, pun totally intended). As Kelly Crum, Allure Bridals CEO, said in a statement, “So many brides grow up admiring their favorite Disney Princess characters and are inspired by their journeys, gowns and stories of the classic films. Our design team worked tirelessly on each of these incredible gowns, as each dress features intricate detailing specifically inspired by the timeless characters known and loved by all of us at Allure and Kleinfeld, as well as our brides. We are honored to work with Disney on this collection and see the romance of it come to life.” Not as honored as we are to be able to get these gorgeous dresses!
- These looks are everything we’ve ever dreamed of. Do you need a Disney wedding dress to feel like a princess on your wedding day? Definitely not. Would it be a lovely thing to have if you can afford it? Sure, why not? Marriage is about love, and wearing a dress you adore won’t make the day, but it might make you feel even more beautiful than you no doubt already are.