A 30-year-old Indian man underwent emergency surgery after it was revealed that he had a 2-foot long phone charger in his bladder. The man, from Assam, initially went to the doctors after experiencing severe abdominal pain, though given his “history of accidental ingestion of headphones,” it seems as though the man probably wasn’t particularly surprised even if he acted like he would.
— Ugin (@uginm102) June 9, 2020
- The man was given laxatives prior to the surgery. He took them for 48 hours prior to the surgery in an attempt to lessen his stomach pain. However, given that the phone charger was actually in his bladder, it’s unlikely they had much effect on his discomfort.
- The surgery to remove the phone cord from his bladder took 45 minutes. Surgeons made a small incision into his GI tract, through which they extracted the cord. The surgeon on duty at the Guwahati hospital, Dr. Walliul Islam, admitted that he’d never seen anything like it in his 25-year career. “We gave him laxative for two days as we did not want to do surgery immediately,” he recalled to The Hindustan Times. “The patient’s stool was examined, but nothing came out. We decided to do a small incision and check the gastrointestinal tract.” That’s when they discovered the cord. Yikes!
- Islam believes the cord may have been inserted purposely. “He might have been uncomfortable while telling us the truth, which led to us searching in the gastrointestinal tract,” he said of the patient. “Though I’m not exactly sure about his mental health, some people do things for sexual gratification, but this man took things a little too far.”
- After three days in the hospital, the man was well enough to go home. While it seems unlikely that he will have learned his lesson here, maybe surgery was enough to scare him into being a little more sensible with his fetishes.