Sometimes, you need more than those three little words to know for sure that your partner loves you. Actions speak a lot louder than words anyway, so if you really want to know how he feels, it’s a better idea to look for clues within his behavior. When a guy is genuinely in love with someone, he usually treats that person differently from how he treats others. The clues are easy to spot if you know what to look for! Keep reading for eight signs that a guy is crazy in love with you.
- He lets you be yourself. When a guy truly loves you, he loves all of you. He loves the real you, so you don’t have to pretend to be someone else when you’re with him. You’ll know that his feelings are real when he encourages you to be who you are. If he only wants you when you’re at your best or when you’re watering down your personality to be more agreeable, it’s not real love.
- He forgives your mistakes. Everyone makes mistakes. When you love someone, you forgive them when they screw up. You move on from past issues that you’ve had rather than holding them against the person. You’ll know that it’s a sign he really loves you if he’s willing to give you a second chance after you mess up.
- He makes you a priority. Naturally, we prioritize the people that we genuinely love. It doesn’t matter how busy is, if he loves you then he will make you a priority. Many people believe that excuses like being too busy or wanting to focus on work are just code for “I don’t love you enough to make this work”. You’ll know that he’s making you a priority when he is determined to see you, even when he’s got other things going on. And when he’s committed to making things work with you, no matter how hard it is.
- He puts up with inconveniences for you. A guy putting up with inconveniences just so he can be with you is a sign that he loves you. This might be him putting up with any baggage you have, doing a long-distance relationship, or working around your annoying schedule. Whatever the case may be, if he’s willing to put himself out for you, it’s a sign that he may really love you.
- He defends you in public. It’s not always easy to defend someone in public. But a person who’s in love is likely to stick up for their partner when other people come for them in a public setting. It might be in real life or on social media. But if he sticks up for you in front of other people, it’s a sign that his feelings are real.
- He’s there for you when you need him. When a guy is in love with you, he’ll be there for you when you need him. This might be when you need to talk to someone or cry to someone. It could be when you need help with something. Whatever the case might be, he’ll want to be there for you. You’ll eventually see that he’s there for you like a ride or die and put your trust in him, which is one of the pillars of a great relationship.
- He talks about the future with you. Talking about a future together is a very promising sign. When a guy does this, it could indicate that he’s genuinely planning a future with you in his head. Look out for him asking questions about your future plans or even saying directly that he envisions you in his future. Of course, some people do specifically bring up the future to squeeze a certain reaction out of you, so make sure that the rest of his actions back this up too.
- He apologizes when he hurts you. When you make mistakes, a guy who loves you will forgive you. And when he makes mistakes, he’ll apologize and request the same forgiveness. Also, a guy who truly loves you and cares about your wellbeing won’t continue to make the same mistakes that hurt you. If he hurts you once, he’ll take care not to do it again. Sorry doesn’t mean anything if you repeat the behavior again and again.