When Colleen Le started dating her boyfriend, he was immediately upfront about his health issues. He’d been battling chronic kidney disease since he was 17 and was on dialysis since his kidneys were only working at 5% capacity. That didn’t put Colleen off – in fact, she eventually donated one of her healthy kidneys to him, only to be cheated on and dumped a few months later.
Reply to @jenn.eunice I’m so sorry this took a long time! Let me know if you’re interested in part 2! #storytime #fyp #foryoupage #kidneydonor
- Colleen really cared about her boyfriend. While he never asked her to think of giving up one of her vital organs for him, she took it upon herself to see if donation would be possible. “I decided to get tested to see if we were a match because I didn’t want to watch him die,” she explained in a now-viral TikTok video.
- They were a match, so it seemed meant to be. Compatibility for organ donation isn’t particularly common, so the fact that Colleen and her boyfriend were a match seemed meant to be. She happily went under the knife and parted with one of her kidneys to restore some of her boyfriend’s health.
- A few months later, it all went south. Thankfully, both Colleen and her boyfriend healed well and made a full reovery after the surgery. However, about seven months later, he cheated on her. He told her he was going to Vegas for a bachelor party with some of the guys at his church but later admitted to her that he’d cheated on her while away.
- She eventually got back together with him. While she was incredibly hurt, she didn’t want to throw their relationship away. “A lot of arguments later, I eventually forgave him and gave him a second chance,” she recalled.
- Not long after, he dumped her. Even worse, he couldn’t even be bothered to tell her to her face. Instead, he broke up with her on the phone, telling her: “If we are meant for each other, God will bring us back together in the end.”
- He insulted her after he left her. While his treatment of her was horrific in any circumstance, you would assume that her willingness to donate a kidney to him would have left him with some amount of gratitude for her generosity. Instead, he threw it back in her face, telling her: “You only donated your kidney to look good.”
Reply to @gina.phamm Who’s interested in part 3? 😅 #fyp #foryoupage #lovestory #relationship #kidneydonor
Hopefully, Colleen moves on to someone who truly appreciates her (and who doesn’t need a vital organ).