Whenever I want to talk about where things are going, you say, “Let’s live in the moment.” You want me to forget the future and focus on the present, but I can’t do that. I’m not interested in a fleeting love; I don’t want a guy with a time limit. I’m looking for forever and I won’t settle for less.
- I’m not interested in something casual. Because really, what’s the point of that? Keeping it casual is just wasting time (or having sex) with someone you don’t want a real relationship with. Staying casual just keeps me from finding a guy who does want to be serious. No thanks.
- If you have a fear of commitment, I’ll pass. Your fear is irrational and therefore I couldn’t rationalize dating you. Will you ever face this fear or — god forbid — get the hell over it? Seriously, grow up. This is just an excuse you use to stay a bachelor and I’m not buying it. If you have a fear of commitment, find a girl who’s willing to play along with your crap, because I’m out.
- If we don’t have a future, I’m not interested in our present. That sounds like a waste of time to me. I’m not going to bide my time hanging out with a guy who only wants me for a moment. I want a guy who wants me forever. I’m a great girl and I don’t want to waste my time with a guy who can’t see that. I deserve better.
- I want Mr. Right not Mr. Right now. I’ll hold out for the right guy. You might be fun for now, but I’d rather take this time to work on myself. Plus, if I’m with you, I might be preventing myself from finding “The One.” Sometimes being with the wrong guy just keeps you from finding the right guy and I’m not willing to take that chance on you.
- I’m serious about finding love. I’ve wasted enough time crying over douchebags. I’m not going to waste even more time on a guy who’s not really interested. I’ve had my years of keeping it casual and just having fun. I’m over it. I want something real. I want something serious and I’m serious about finding it.
- I won’t be second best. So if you’re waiting on the one that got away, keep on waiting without me. I deserve to be someone’s first choice, not the girl you keep on the back burner. There’s no second string in the dating game. I want to be the girl you can’t live without, not just another body that keeps you warm at night.
- I don’t want to settle. I’m ready for “The One,” not just anyone. I want to meet my forever instead of continuing to waste time on guys who are only willing to give me now. If we’re not right for each other then why would we spend any more time together? I won’t keep you around “just in case.” I’d rather be alone than with the wrong guy.
- I’m ready to settle down. Or at least start settling down. I’m ready to start building a future. I’ve had my fun and now it’s time to find a guy who loves me for me. It’s time to grow up and stop participating in relationships with no future. There shouldn’t be a time limit on our love. I want a love that will last forever — that what we all deserve?