You have to love Drew Barrymore. The actress has always been candid about her dating life, which seems to be as frustrating as the rest of ours. While she said late last year that she could go years without sex, she recently decided to wade into the dating pool again. Friends, it didn’t go all that well. In fact, Drew Barrymore got ghosted.
- She made the admission on Jay Shetty’s “On Purpose” podcast. After her divorce, the “Charlie’s Angel” star wasn’t keen on getting back out there. However, she finally decided to take the plunge and start dating again. It hasn’t been going all that well.
- Drew Barrymore got ghosted. During the interview, she admitted that despite having “the best date” with a guy, he cut off all contact with her without another word. “I went on a date with this guy. I thought it was the best date. I mean it really was,” she recalled. “We made a plan for that weekend and we were texting back and forth and it was so cute, and I was like, I really like him. What a nice guy.”
- The guy works in the industry. It’s not as if Barrymore was dating a regular guy who may have been intimidated by her Hollywood super-status. As she shared, “I was attracted to him. I loved his job because he was in the news business and I love news, and I’m like, ‘Oh my God, this is so cool.'” However, she was shocked when they never made plans for another date. “I never heard from him again. I guess that’s what you call getting ghosted. I was like, whoah, that is so, that is so weird. OK,” she said.
Drew Barrymore was disappointed about being ghosted
- Barrymore wondered if she’d done something wrong. However, she ultimately chalked the experience up to bad luck. After all, she doesn’t feel like she’s ever found “The One” for her. “I’m really good at giving [love] to my daughters and to my friends, but I’ve noticed how much of my history with the romantic space, I am so stuck, and I’m the person who doesn’t want to be stuck,” she explained.
- While she wants to find the right person, she’s in no hurry. Drew Barrymore took being ghosted in her stride. However, it was also a sign not to take dating too seriously. “I love being with my friends and I love being alone, where does dating fit in? […] Every once in a while, I’ll go on a date because it’s a very human, natural thing to do,” she told People magazine. “I’ve gone on dates where I’m like, ‘Oh my God, why did I say yes to dinner? Because we haven’t ordered yet, and I don’t want to be here.'”