Elon Musk’s 18-year-old daughter has officially filed a petition to change her last name, stating that “I no longer live with or wish to be related to my biological father in any way, shape, or form,” The Daily Beast reports.
The 18-year-old wants to take her mother’s maiden name. While Elon Musk’s daughter’s full new name is withheld for privacy reasons, it’s understood that the girl wants to take the maiden name of Elon’s first wife and her mother, Justine Musk.
The document was filed in California in April 2022. The teen petitioned to have her gender officially recognized as female and her name formally changed on a new birth certificate. The motion was filed in California Supreme Court and a hearing is scheduled for later this month.
Elon Musk supports his daughter’s desire to change her name. The Daily Beast emailed the billionaire about the petition prior to TMZ’s reporting on it. He responded: “She does not want to be a public figure. I think it is important to defend her right to privacy. Please don’t out someone against their will—it’s not right.”
After TMZ broke the news, other media outlets followed. That includes the Los Angeles Times, among others. However, these publications published the full name of Elon’s daughter despite her desire to remain anonymous.
"I had a weird childhood," my 18 year old said to me. "I can't believe I'm as normal-seeming as I am."
I said, "I'm very proud of you."
"I'm proud of myself!"
— Justine Musk (@justinemusk) June 20, 2022
- 12 Reasons You’re Single Even Though You’re A Catch
- Your Drunk Self Is Your Truest Self, Science Says
- 14 Little Things That Look Like Love But Are Actually Manipulation
- I Didn’t Understand Why I Kept Ending Up With Toxic Guys Until I Realized These Important Things
- “Duty Dating” Is A Thing And You Need To Start Doing It ASAP
- They Might Not Seem Like It, But These 12 Things Are Emotional Abuse
- 17 Life Struggles Of Women Who Are Naturally Loud
- What’s Your Hottest Quality? Here’s What Your Zodiac Sign Suggests
Share this article now!