Life feels more complete. The sun’s brighter, the birds sound sweeter and the world is perfect. Yeah, you’re in love. It’s like you start losing control at some point and you turn into this giggly, ultra happy teenager that’s embarrassing and really, ridiculously corny. You don’t even notice the signs yourself, but your friends and family do. What gives you away?
Every woman who’s ever been in love is guilty of certain silly little things that prove you’ve fallen head over heels. It’s kind of adorable, at least if you’re not the one having to hear about it constantly. Go ahead – be silly and in love. Besides, it’s a much better feeling than having your first fight.
- Planning your Pinterest wedding. Sure, you might already have a secret Pinterest wedding board for when you meet the right guy. Now, it’s probably public and very specific to your new guy. You don’t even know if you’re ready to get married, but why wait to plan?
- Giggling when he texts. Remember having crushes? It’s kind of like that. Every time he calls or texts, you can’t help but giggle your excitement. You’re probably even giggling when you’re talking to him.
- Coming up with pet names. Love leads to pet names. You might never share them in public, but you will have them. They’re sickeningly cute and probably things only the two of you really get. Hell, he might not even realize you have a pet name for him yet… but he soon will!
- Changing your style to what he likes best. So he loved that purple tank you wore last week? He thinks your hair looks really good in a ponytail? Suddenly, you only wear ponytails and half your wardrobe has turned purple.
- Replaying that first moment over and over again. Oh, the first moment you saw him and knew he was the one. It’s a moment you’ll cherish for always. It’s also something you think about all the time and can’t help but tell your friends about it over and over again. After all, it’s moments like this that are turned into classic love stories.
- Constantly re-reading old texts. You know he’s busy, but you just can’t bear to not hear from him. What do you do? You start re-reading all your old text conversations. It’s just like you’re talking to him. Isn’t he so sweet and perfect? Love is wonderful isn’t it.
- Wondering what it’d be like if you’d met sooner. Forget the wedding plans, what about rethinking your entire life? If only you’d met him five years ago, you’d never wasted time on all those other guys. You’d probably be married with kids, traveling through Europe and both have your dream jobs. It’s silly, but you’ll reimagine your life over and over again.
- Driving your friends crazy. Everyone should know just how perfect your relationship is and how in love you are. It’s a time your friends dread. Don’t get me wrong. They’re happy for you. They just wish you’d talk about something else.
- Having to stop and listen to “our song.” It has to be love if you have a song, right? It doesn’t matter where you are or what you’re doing. The world stops when you hear that song. I mean, the lyrics were written just for the two of you. It’s so beautiful how your relationship will be forever immortalized in song.
- Smiling every time you hear his name. It could be the worst day ever, but let a friend mention your boyfriend’s name and you light up like it’s Christmas morning. Just hearing his name makes you think about how happy he makes you. You know it’s love and you can’t help but show it.
- Not being able to stop touching him. Your hands seem to have a mind of their own. It’s nothing sexual, you just have to keep reminding yourself that he’s real. Whether it’s holding his hand or touching his arm while you’re talking, you just need to be in contact.
- Feeling warm and fuzzy over every little kiss. Sure, the first kiss is sweet, but I’m talking about getting that same heart melting, warm fuzzies all over, first kiss feeling every time. Okay, so being in love really is incredible.
- Getting excited about meeting his family. Okay, so most women dread meeting their guy’s family. You know you’ve fallen completely head over heels when you’re actually excited to meet the people who gave birth to him, raised him and turned him into the most perfect man ever.
- Looking for younger pictures to see what your kids might look like. Part of that meeting the family excitement comes from sitting down with his mom to look at younger pictures of your guy. You just want to see how adorable he was as a kid. After all, you need to be able to imagine what your kids are going to look like.
- Getting butterflies when he walks into a room. I’m not talking about nerves. I’m talking about those butterflies you get when you’re feeling excited and happy. Just seeing him enter a room feels your stomach with butterflies. It’s a wonderful feeling.
Don’t try to hide the signs. You can’t. Just have enjoy being in love and drive everyone crazy with how truly happy you are.