Not knowing where you stand in a relationship is annoying, frustrating, and more than a little stressful, but it doesn’t have to be. After all, it’s not all about the end result — every stage of a relationship comes with its own advantages:
- Single. If there was ever a time to be selfish, it’s now. Life as a single lady can be a blast. It’s all about your wants and needs. You don’t have to answer to anyone else. The single life is a world of true independence, so enjoy the freedom while it lasts.
- Unrequited love. Loving someone without needing their love in return is beautiful. While you may feel heartbroken, take pride in the courage it took to put yourself out there. You never know unless you try, after all. Forget the sting of rejection and remember that the excitement of finding true love is in your future.
- Just a crush. It’s the early stages. You just met a guy and for the first time in a long time, you’re actually excited about the prospect of someone new. You don’t know where it’s headed just yet, but you can’t deny those butterflies. Everything is new, every step is a new first, so take it slow and enjoy every minute.
- It’s complicated. When you’re not sure what’s up and what’s down in your relationship, you can feel pretty damn confused. The good thing about the complications is that you have a lot of options. You’ve been given the time to discover what you really want — maybe it’s him, maybe it’s someone you haven’t even met, but the ball’s in your court, because your life is up to you.
- In a relationship. You finally made it official — you’re now in an exclusive relationship. You can look forward to late night talks, early morning cuddles, and someone to share your meals with. It’s not always going to be easy, but it’s real, and for once reality is so much better than fiction.
- Engaged. All of that time you spent wondering if you’d ever find true love, and now you have. If that sparkling ring isn’t enough, the man on your arm certainly is. You have a true sense of security and confidence, because you know that forever is right around the corner.
- Married. Never forget how lucky you are that the chase is over. You found The One and you’ll walk the rest of life’s journey with a true partner. You’ve said your vows and promised a lifetime. Appreciate how beautiful it is that you choose each other each and every day.
- Divorced. Starting over might sound scary, but think about how exciting it is to wipe the slate clean. You get to live another life, a second chance at happily ever after. So many people wish that they could do it all over again, and you get to do just that. One chapter may be ending, but your exciting new love life is just beginning.