For some reason, society can make you feel as if being a single woman is a weakness. Newsflash: that’s BS. You don’t need a boyfriend to feel like a complete person or live your life to the fullest. Here’s why your single status should actually make you feel empowered rather than lonely:
- You’re an independent woman.You don’t depend on men for anything. You can pay your own bills, take care of your own home, and manage your own life. You don’t need help — you’re doing it all on your own. Forget boyfriends. Independence is something truly enviable.
- You can put yourself first. Being single is the best time to be selfish. There are no compromises. You could pack up everything and travel the world, spend every night out with your girls, or fall in love with your job. You don’t have to worry about a boyfriend’s feelings or opinions. For once, your life is all about you.
- You don’t need a man to make you happy. Basing your happiness on your relationship status is just sad. As a single woman, you don’t need a ring around your finger to put a smile on your face. You know that your happiness begins and ends with you, because life is a gift and you’re going to enjoy it no matter what.
- You make your own decisions. There’s no joint decision-making process in your life. The big changes (and the small) are all up to you. Your life is officially in your hands. You hold all the power and whatever you choose, you made the decision all on your own.
- You’re in control. And you’re not just taking the reigns on your life — think about the little things. The remote, your dinner plans, the weekend… whatever you want is yours. You’re the conductor on the train that is your life and your cruising down the tracks, crushing any obstacle in your way.
- You can take care of yourself. Just like you no longer need your mom to make your meals or do your laundry, you don’t need a man to look out for your well-being. You manage your health, bills, and car maintenance (even if you bring it in). You look out for numero uno and you’re surviving pretty damn well all by yourself.
- You’re not afraid to be alone. You know what the rest of the world needs to clue in on? The fact that being single doesn’t have to be lonely. Loving friends and family surround you, but you also love the time you spend by yourself. Being single is a circumstance, being lonely is an option, and you’re mastering every aspect of being on your own.
- You’re not afraid to be yourself.You’re not willing to change yourself for anyone. You know that the right person will love you for exactly who you are. You’ve watched other women give up tiny pieces of themselves to make a relationship work, but you’re confident in who you are and you’d never trade your uniqueness just to land a guy.
- You refuse to settle.You know that you can have it all. You don’t have to settle for someone you simply tolerate. You want to be with someone you can’t imagine life without. Relationships come and go, but true love lasts forever and you’re holding out for the real deal.